THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-28-2022, 10:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Any other Cadillac CT6-V owners?

I know Legacy_GN has one, because I see him on other forums I now frequent, but anybody else here have one? I've been pleasantly surprised that almost every other CT6-V owner I've talked to either has or has had high-performance Pontiacs; G8 GTs, GTOs, Trans Ams... it seems like the CT6-V is the car Pontiac lovers move on to when they want something new and there are no more new Pontiacs.

Pontiac was always leading-edge with tech (steering wheel controls, heads-up display, sunroofs, etc.) and styling. The CT6 seems like a decent successor in those veins with the 550hp Blackwing motor, night vision, Panaray sound, AWD, all-wheel steering, etc.

And as much as I love the extravagance of the screaming eagle and decals all over the Trans Ams I own and have owned over the years, I'm really liking the understated elegance of the V. (I had over 20 speeding tickets in my first T/A, and I've yet to even draw a second look in the Caddy.)

And now that I'm older, I don't mind heated seats and adaptive cruise control in my low-12 second ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mzbk2l CT6V.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	582908  

Old 01-29-2022, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Didn't GM make only something like 500 of those before pulling the plug?

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 01-29-2022, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My wife had a 09 CTS-V for about 3 years but 3 speeding tickets later traded for 2012 SRX, and now years later she's looking at another CTS-V. Those cars are extremely comfortable and powerful. I own a Mercedes Cabriolet bi-turbo 4.6 , and before the Pressertech program, I couldn't accelerate with her. I think the new CTS-V are more than 600hp?.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith k View Post
Didn't GM make only something like 500 of those before pulling the plug?
I think they announced 275 of them for 2019, and when those sold out in a couple hours they added another 600. Plus 600 more for 2020 makes a grand total of 1,475 Blackwing-engined cars (some V and some Platinum).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68WarDog View Post
My wife had a 09 CTS-V for about 3 years but 3 speeding tickets later traded for 2012 SRX, and now years later she's looking at another CTS-V. Those cars are extremely comfortable and powerful. I own a Mercedes Cabriolet bi-turbo 4.6 , and before the Pressertech program, I couldn't accelerate with her. I think the new CTS-V are more than 600hp?.
The CT6-V is the 550hp DOHC 4.2l twin turbo (Blackwing engine), not the Chevy V8-powered CTS-V. Apparently a car Pontiac owners are drawn to.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice! I've always admired the CTS-V's. Have stayed up to know about this one. Looks and sounds awesome!