Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 10-28-2021, 03:55 PM

Default The Parts Place - Positive Review

I admit I've seen some bad reviews on The Parts Place, but I have to say I've had very good luck with them. All of my orders have been online, so I have not dealt with a person over the phone or face to face. But everything I've ordered has come quickly, always less than a week (they're in Illinois, I live in Georgia). And the few items that have been on back order have only taken a few weeks.

I spent a lot of time looking at reproduction header panels for my '67 GTO, and none of them fit the chrome trim. After an email from TPP saying they'd had no fitment issues, I ordered their header panel and trim. And they fit. Trim I had ordered from Ames a few years ago also fit. Not only that, but it all went together on the grille surrounds. Unfortunately the panel was made in Taiwan, but hardly anything comes out of the USA any more.

So there's my 2 cents worth.

Old 10-28-2021, 04:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Taiwan is producing some very nice stuff these days. The machines tools they make are top notch, and to be honest are the preferred source second only to very high dollar European stuff.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had good luck with them in the past. Right now I'm trying to solve an issue with them though, ordered their set of rubber bumpers on ebay for $33. The hood bumpers shown in the auction were correct, the ones I received were not. Used the ebay "contact" form, sent pictures of what the auction showed and what I got ... was about three days ago, no response yet, so we'll see how it goes.

Old 11-24-2021, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As a follow up ... they made it right, and very politely too. Sent me the correct parts about a week later and were very apologetic about it.

Old 11-25-2021, 02:14 PM

I've always gone direct to them. Called about an order that got duplicated, they took it back without needing an RGA, and promptly refunded the charge back to my card. I did have to pay to ship the items back but that's expected anyway.