Old 09-20-2022, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default In car ET-MPH device.

I know they make these things. Who makes a good one for a decent price ?

Reason I ask is I met a new guy at work who had a shirt for our local drag strip. So I ask him about it and he told me he was the starter, been doing it 3 years.
I tell him I just finished a engine but did not make the last race but raced out there for a long time.
He gives my name to the people who run the track and asked if they new me. She said yes, I took a lot of trophies out of there but had not raced much lately.
So he asked if he could open up the track so I could go out and test, break the engines in and they said I could come out any time. The new guy said just let him know and he will open it up.
How cool is that !
I will not have any prep or timing equipment so maybe I could get one of those devices so I can get a idea of what the car is doing.
Thanks for any help on this.

Old 09-20-2022, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The one I have which is pretty old now is called a G meter. It worked pretty good I used it on my local airport runway for testing my drag car.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 09-20-2022, 11:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

U should get a draggy. U download the ap on ur phone then u can find out everything. Look it up, all the Street Outlaw uses that when they're street racing.

Old 09-20-2022, 11:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

+2 on draggy.

Old 09-21-2022, 09:24 AM

Draggy

Old 09-21-2022, 04:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is the Draggy a smart phone only device ? I do not run one and have no desire to pack a personal tracking/listening device. I could use my wife's phone but do not want to do that. She does have some old phones that still work and still get internet but can not make calls. I know you can still look up things on them.
Can you get a 60' with Draggy ?

Old 09-22-2022, 10:20 AM

godragy.com

Old 09-22-2022, 07:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
The one I have which is pretty old now is called a G meter. It worked pretty good I used it on my local airport runway for testing my drag car.
Did you mean a G-Tech? They're still in business: https://www.gtechpro.com The latest version is $300, but you may be able to find one of the older ones at a swap meet or maybe on eBay. I have one of the early ones, I think back then they were only something like $50 or so.

Old 09-23-2022, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i have a ~10 year old G-tech, its newer than the originals that looked like a little fuzz buster, this one has a LCD screen & mounts to the windshield or dash like a GPS unit.

took it to the track and it was pretty accurate for ET, within .2-.3 tenths of the time slips. also has some other neat features like G-forces when turning/braking and RPMs. the newer ones & other brands have GPS that makes them more accurate. i found mine for $75 7-8 years ago & see them for closer to $50 now.

Old 09-23-2022, 01:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

G tech looks to be the one. Stand alone, will give 60'. The 400$ version lets you upload to a laptop. All the graphs, lots of info.