THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-30-2022, 12:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Prayers for those in Andover KS & northeast

Tonight around 8:50 CST, a large tornado came into Andover KS (suburb city east & adjoining Wichita KS), this tornado stayed on the ground & did major damage & I can't imagine there not being many lost lives. Andover is a rapidly growing community, lot of young family's, growing school system. Please keep the residents of Andover & Palmer KS in your prayers.

Old 04-30-2022, 12:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This F3 dropped a little more than a mile east of my son & daughter in laws neighborhood, staying on the ground heading NE then NNE. The pictures coming out of Andover are hair raising, even for those of us who have lived in & been effected by major tornados.

Storm chasers Val Kaster Live on Fakebook (KWTV OKC) & Derek Cline (KOCO OKC) have some amazing video as this tornado tracks through.

Old 04-30-2022, 01:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not a lot of news coming out Andover, doesn't appear anyone killed, which is a major Praise!
Son related that his daily workout go-to, the few year old Andover YMCA took a hit. Well built structure with many from nearby areas sheltered inside. Vehicles were picked up & thrown through the front entryway. Worse shape, several neighborhoods & the large relatively new SunSTONE apartment complex in Andover was hit. Ton of young adults lived there. Son & DIL prev lived in same company's near exact complex off East Kellogg west of I35. Similar demographics, and my bet is many of young residents were "out on the town" in Wichita as it was a Friday night.

Following is fairly dramatic music wise. Accuweather is based, i believe, out of downtown Wichita.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/videos/Y2xiHCqp

Old 04-30-2022, 02:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Keep them in thoughts and prayers.

Old 04-30-2022, 02:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

At least 4 people suffered injuries following tornado activity in the Wichita, Kansas, area Friday evening, officials said.

Tornado activity damaged approximately 1,000 structures between Sedgwick County, where at least one tornado first formed, and Butler County. In a press conference early Saturday afternoon, authorities said they expect that number to grow as they wrap up an official damage assessment.

Four injuries have been reported, most of them minor, Deputy Fire Chief Mike Roosevelt, who is serving as the incident commander during the tornado recovery and response period, said in the press conference.

All four people are adults. One was injured by debris, one was injured while evacuating, and two were responding to the scene to help, NBC affiliate KSN of Wichita reported.

At least one person suffered serious injuries, Kevin Lanterman, interim director of Sedgwick County EMS, said early Saturday morning.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nsas-rcna26750

Old 04-30-2022, 03:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

A few years ago, Andover had TWO tornado's in same year.

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...