Old 07-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Tim's car has a biege deluxe 'vinyl' interior. It's the only deluxe vinyl I've ever seen that was biege instead of the darker saddle, like formula400 has in his shop and posted pics of. Has anyone else ever seen this interior in another car? It's the same as the biege cloth in that it has the dark appointments with light seats, door panels, etc but vinyl instead of cloth.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve, I stand corrected (again) On you 500th post at that! It is vinyl and not cloth after thinking about it. So many cars I just got confused or over whelmed with them all.

Sorry we didnt get our better half's together and enjoy a cold beverage but maybe the next one???

Old 07-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Absolutely-cold beverage next time. Norwalk is still up in the air, TA Nats is for sure for us. You doing either of those?

As for Tim's car, I hoped someone would chime in saying they had seen another with that interior. I first saw it Friday down from the tech area and thought, due to color, it was a cloth interior car. Once I got close I saw it was vinyl and knew it was Tim's. That's when I realized I'd never seen another one.

Yea, 500th post. That makes me feel like I should get my a++ to work here.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve, where did your ebay SD end up?

Old 07-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Navarro View Post
Steve, where did your ebay SD end up?
I had two on in the last couple months. Blue 74 and red 73. Blue went to IL. Red will end up in IL next month.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Illinois has allot of Super Duties but I think the state of Michigan has many of those lost treasure in garages collecting dust???

Old 07-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Illinois has allot of Super Duties but I think the state of Michigan has many of those lost treasure in garages collecting dust???
In IL most SD are Fords.....Saw this one hiding in a barn in MI.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

More pics!
Mike, you have any F-Bodys or are you just an A-Body lover???

Old 07-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike are you buying a RED SD?

Old 07-27-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd455hota View Post
Tim's car has a biege deluxe 'vinyl' interior. It's the only deluxe vinyl I've ever seen that was biege instead of the darker saddle, like formula400 has in his shop and posted pics of. Has anyone else ever seen this interior in another car? It's the same as the biege cloth in that it has the dark appointments with light seats, door panels, etc but vinyl instead of cloth.

Steve, I've been curious about the beige/deluxe/vinyl interior being produced in any other SD myself-and still existing. I don't think I've even seen a Y code 455 Trans Am with Beige Vinyl either.

I've seen 3 Beige/Deluxe/Cloth interior SD Brewster Green cars: Yours, Another one at the TA Nationals several years ago (owned by one of the Firebird collectors in Indianapolis at the time).
Also there is an original family owned car in DuPage County Illinois (no A/C, auto, fully restored, about 65,000 miles). I've seen it at the Downers Grove, IL cruise nights a few times.

I've heard of 2 White interior Green SD cars: one in NJ and the other in Michigan.

All the other Green SD's I'd say are split equally between Black and Saddle Custom. I'd say those numbers are only 6-8 of each as a guesstimate. I've seen those at the TA Nats or in magazines.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Speaking of Nats are you bringing your Brewster to show Mr Bill Porter your support?

Old 07-28-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Speaking of Nats are you bringing your Brewster to show Mr Bill Porter your support?

I'll try my best. I'd be inclined to trailer it-driving the car on the way to the '99 Nats nearly got rear ended by a circa '88 Crown Victoria in a construction zone around Indianapolis. Just a few feet in front of me was a pick up truck with a trailer hitch. Too close for comfort.

Great to see the like minded Brewster owners/restorers at POCI.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidan73sd View Post
Steve, I've been curious about the beige/deluxe/vinyl interior being produced in any other SD myself-and still existing. I don't think I've even seen a Y code 455 Trans Am with Beige Vinyl either.

I've seen 3 Beige/Deluxe/Cloth interior SD Brewster Green cars: Yours, Another one at the TA Nationals several years ago (owned by one of the Firebird collectors in Indianapolis at the time).
Also there is an original family owned car in DuPage County Illinois (no A/C, auto, fully restored, about 65,000 miles). I've seen it at the Downers Grove, IL cruise nights a few times.

I've heard of 2 White interior Green SD cars: one in NJ and the other in Michigan.

All the other Green SD's I'd say are split equally between Black and Saddle Custom. I'd say those numbers are only 6-8 of each as a guesstimate. I've seen those at the TA Nats or in magazines.
Nidan, besides my automatic that was in HPP some years ago I have another green SD with the beige cloth. I also know of three other beige cloth green SDs. Two are members here who post once in a while. The other is a non member in FL who's had his car for many years.

My third green SD has a white standard interior and as you mention, white seems to be the rarest color int for green cars. Funny you mention a white interior car in NJ. When I first started hunting for an SD car back in the winter of 74 I advertised in the wanted section of Road & Track magazine. One of the responses I got was a serviceman from NJ who had a green/white deluxe auto SD. I always wondered where it went. Maybe it's the same car. One of those "I wish I would have bought it" cars.

Brewster, Unfortunately I won't have a green car at the TA nats. I promised a customer I would take his red 74 we just finished. As with the POCI, I hope anyone I haven't met introduces themselves as I'd like to meet more of you guys. If the weather is cooler than St Charles I'll have something for you guys in my cooler besides water too.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question for anyone on SD engines. Yes this is a true story. back in 75 after getting my 74SD.I went to a local salvage yard for a distributor for my daily driver. getting to the scrap engine pile. I looked over the pile and while rolling over engines I noticed a Pontiac dist. in an oil pan-it was sleeved. Iknew that only SD's and V's had them.TheSD block was there with 8 rods and pistons no heads or crank. That block and the rods are in my 73 that I will take to Norwalk. The question the block was an SR block but it was sleeved on I think #5. Could this block have been sleeved from Pontiac? I could not find out who ahd this block or where it came from-dealership. Anybody with connections? Know how to find where the block came from? By the sr #. I thought I knew everyone in the Pitts area that raced Pontiacs either r/r or drag.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow, In two years or less a SD TA blew its original engine and then a SR and ended up in a junkyard?

I'm sure it would be a needle in a haystack that the junkyard SR has any documentation from an original owner or anyone left alive.

My guess that Pontiac would not waste the time to sleeve a SR when they would just warranty another SR or be done with this one.

This one sounds like it was roasted for the last time...no more warranty left or car just some heavy metal...

Old 07-31-2012, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
In IL most SD are Fords.....Saw this one hiding in a barn in MI.

Mike,

I had to do a double take, but I think I've seen that car before. We'll be headed to the TA Nats this year and hopefully with the green car. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Safe travels! Dennis

PS: Mike, my son, Corbin and I will be riding shotgun with Dan to Norwalk this weekend with the you-know-what in tow. See you there!

Old 07-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Dennis, I was taking a picture of my core support. I swear!

Old 07-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good to hear your bringing that Brewster out to the Nats Dennis. Look forward in seeing a sea of Brewster cars in honor of Mr Porter!

Old 07-31-2012, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Good to hear your bringing that Brewster out to the Nats Dennis. Look forward in seeing a sea of Brewster cars in honor of Mr Porter!
Brew, I'm looking forward to seeing a sea of BG in I'm hoping to drive down in the car taking the back roads. Are you bringing both cars?

DJ

Old 07-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hope to, it depends if I can get someone to help me out???