THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-01-2020, 02:47 PM

Default Old Pontiac performance Book (1978) any interest in reading?

Well, I don't post much since, I feel like I don't have much to add, my car is still in pieces and an undermined amount of time and money away from being finished (Translation: Its sitting in the garage untouched), So, feeling slightly depressed today, I decided to play with my phone and I downloaded a pdf scanning app, which on a side note did a better job then my actual scanner. I scanned an old Pontiac GTO performance book from 1978 (Same age as me), one, to preserve the info incase it deteriorates, two, so maybe I can get a little motivated and positive feeling I may get my car road worthy sooner then later.
I am posting this to see if there is any interest in sharing it on the forum and if that is allowed? I know most of the performance info is outdated by todays tech, but it does have a lot of super duty info, parts #s, tuning with factory parts, Pontiac history and pictures. Let me know what you guys think. Is this the right forum for that?

Old 03-01-2020, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

what year GTO?
What author?

Old 03-01-2020, 06:18 PM

Martyn Schorr. Ity covers 64-74 GTOs and pontiac engines and th400.

Old 03-01-2020, 06:50 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Yep, I believe I have the same booklet. Put out by Performance Publications. There was the Pontiac 350-389-400-421-455, pub. 1976 and PONTIAC GTO: America's Premier Supercar, pub. 1978. Both edited by Martin Schorr. I bought both of them "back in the day" and still have them in my collection of Pontiac books.

Old 03-01-2020, 06:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Link to it:

Pontiac Super Car

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 03-01-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacJim1959 View Post
Yep, I believe I have the same booklet. Put out by Performance Publications. There was the Pontiac 350-389-400-421-455, pub. 1976 and PONTIAC GTO: America's Premier Supercar, pub. 1978. Both edited by Martin Schorr. I bought both of them "back in the day" and still have them in my collection of Pontiac books.
Yup, America’s premier super car is the one!