Old 04-07-2011, 10:07 AM

Default Carb Resto Anybody use this company?

Has anyone on here used this company to rebuild there carb?

http://customrebuiltcarbs.com/index.shtml

Throttle shafts are worn on mine and has a couple other items that are not up to par.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What kind of carb?
I've never heard of this place myself,but with the members here that build carbs,I bet they would do just as good of a job,maybe for cheaper too. JMO

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Phil is the owner and he did mine four years ago and it came out great finish wise as well as running perfect.

Some out here say he doesnt use exact standards for concours but my car took a gold in Saratoga and I lost no points on the carb.

He is fair priced and pretty quick turn around as well as having many parts in stock. I also turned on the resto shop that did my car to them and they have had no complaints with his work either as they send all their carb to work to him since then.

67 Bonneville 428 convertible one of one Verdoro green w/parchment, documented GM brass hat parade car with every option for 67, non running MAJOR future project.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:49 PM

Just received my Q Jet back from Philip.

If it runs out anything like it looks I will be 100% pleased.

Here in a couple hours I will try and get it installed. Will take photo's first to show the quality finish they do. I have before pics as well.

I have built every carb under the sun and have done some detail jobs, but this work is a good step above. As an ex-tech, carb man, muscle car lover this is looking like a very wise decision.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:11 AM