THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 08:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Covid 3

Covid thread moved?
Explain why.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to David Jones For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2021, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, WHY? It was a very informative and civil discussion.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 12-31-2021, 12:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default agreed

agreed. why did it have to move to the CH

1968 Firebird 400, 068 cam, TH400 & 13" Continental Converter, Auburn posi with 3:08 factory gears, Cliff's Q-jet resting on a 68 factory iron intake, DUI HEI and Ram Air pans and RARE Long Branch Manifolds
Old 12-31-2021, 12:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It seems to me, that part of a moderators responsibility is to keep a thread civil. In some cases, shut it down. In some cases, move it to the clubhouse, if the thread as a whole is in need. In THIS case, delete whatever reply (replies) tripped your censorship trigger and leave it alone.
This was a good thread and the punishment was to heavy handed.

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David Jones For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2021, 01:17 PM
Senior Chief

Isn't this the same as Facebook, Twitter etc?

If they don't like what is being said, or it doesn't fit their political beliefs etc. then they shut you down....

But I guess it is their website and they have the right to....

Old 12-31-2021, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OK, I'll offer counterpoint. There was stuff in the thread suggesting not standard TX, don't trust the vax, and there was government comment, People had trouble sticking to discussing the side effects they experienced or wishing you and family well. It would have wound up in clubhouse eventually. There have been many threads moved there that had GREAT discussion stuff without hate or fringe stuff. And then the soapbox crowd comes in and gets it moved. I have been annoyed with fellow members for selfishly making that happen. I won't go to the the vipers pit of the clubhouse and post, nor do I want to look at fellow members as enemies. I just like Pontiacs and civility. The thread we are talking moved was borderline, but you could see it coming and there were posts that were going that way. What does the government have to do with you being sick? C'mon.

Old 12-31-2021, 01:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well said bird. It was going to happen eventually. Unfortunately almost any conversation about Covid anywhere with anyone ends up political.

Old 12-31-2021, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
OK, I'll offer counterpoint. There was stuff in the thread suggesting not standard TX, don't trust the vax, and there was government comment, People had trouble sticking to discussing the side effects they experienced or wishing you and family well. It would have wound up in clubhouse eventually. There have been many threads moved there that had GREAT discussion stuff without hate or fringe stuff. And then the soapbox crowd comes in and gets it moved. I have been annoyed with fellow members for selfishly making that happen. I won't go to the the vipers pit of the clubhouse and post, nor do I want to look at fellow members as enemies. I just like Pontiacs and civility. The thread we are talking moved was borderline, but you could see it coming and there were posts that were going that way. What does the government have to do with you being sick? C'mon.

Again I'll say, the mod had the option of deleted any replies they felt out of place.
They had an option and they took the easy way out.
It did not have to end up in the clubhouse.

The Following User Says Thank You to David Jones For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2021, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The problem with sending it to the clubhouse is that it turns to crap. It was a good, CIVIL discussion and many are interested in hearing first hand experiences. While I do go to the clubhouse, it is what is it there. Anyone following that thread will not want to follow it after it was moved.
I agree, this is an important topic and if the mods could just “clean up” things that they think might be out of line, it would be greatly appreciated by all.
There are many other Covid threads in the clubhouse to voice your opinion on so please don’t ruin the one in the lobby.

Old 12-31-2021, 03:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bird72 said it more eloquently than I can. There was nothing wrong with the initial discussion, or the OP's intent. However, the discussion was drifting from that original intent, with comments about trusting the vaccine, being non-vaccinated, alternate treatments, and so on. Unfortunately that has happened with every single Covid-related discussion since the pandemic began, and every one of them had to either be moved to the Clubhouse or locked. The moderators have tried to keep these discussions on track but the comments just keep on coming, and we just aren't able to monitor the board continually 24/7.

Closed Thread