Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 08-29-2018, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Very cool product all should have!!

My friend showed me this product it's so cool. It is called a dragy gps.
It is a small gps that you stick you your car. download the app.
It does 0-60, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, 60-130.... it is dead on with his time slips.
There is also a leaderboard you can upload you time too.
You can video your run and it adds the time to the video. It looks like a video game..
Best part, $149.00

The Following User Says Thank You to JSPONT For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2018, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They have had the Gforce things out for years. They used to get hated on, but a decade later I would think products would be better. Thats cool that he can direct compare them to the verified time slips.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 08-29-2018, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh heck yea, let's take it too the backroads! Whose wit mee?!

Old 08-29-2018, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have an app called "Streetrace". It gives you red/yellow/green countdown, and tracks distance/speed via gps. You can do 1/4, 1/8, or 0-60/0-100. Since I live in town, I don't get a chance to move beyond the 45mph speed limits and dense population. Hell... even on the 1/8 mile, I am still turning about upper 70's/80's, which is enough to get me tossed in jail. Now if I lived out toward the sticks, it'd be a different story...

Old 08-29-2018, 08:05 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
I have an app called "Streetrace". It gives you red/yellow/green countdown, and tracks distance/speed via gps. You can do 1/4, 1/8, or 0-60/0-100. Since I live in town, I don't get a chance to move beyond the 45mph speed limits and dense population. Hell... even on the 1/8 mile, I am still turning about upper 70's/80's, which is enough to get me tossed in jail. Now if I lived out toward the sticks, it'd be a different story...
Haha! Try living here in Priusville. I get yelled at just because my car sounds fast.

That is a neat tool.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocktimusPryme View Post
They have had the Gforce things out for years. They used to get hated on, but a decade later I would think products would be better. Thats cool that he can direct compare them to the verified time slips.
The G force uses an SD card and is $499+. This goes right to your phone. If all your friends have it you can post to the leader board or just send the video with the time slip. Some guy's on you tube have good info on it.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsama View Post
Haha! Try living here in Priusville. I get yelled at just because my car sounds fast.

That is a neat tool.
I'm surprised you don't need a body guard!

Old 08-29-2018, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In my experience as a traffic cop I can say that most cops are car people and won’t ticket an old muscle car unless you are just doing something ridiculous like running top end on residential straightaways. Once when I had my first 64 I was running about 85 in a 65 and a policeman turned around on me. I immediately pulled over and waited for him to come to the window. He just laughed and asked me what I had in it. When I told him all about it he said thanks for pulling over cause if you had taken off I would have never gotten this dinosaur turned around in time (crown Vic) and just smiled and told me to slow down

Old 08-29-2018, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You can video your run and it adds the time to the video.
I can see a new trend with that.
Better than keyboard racing or bench racing.

Pick your place when the time feels right and do your 1/4 mile.
Let your buddy borrow it and do the same thing when he feels right.
Loser pays for the device.

Its a big deal to get busted for willful competition on public thoroughfare around here.
Impound car , immediate license revoke , insurance cancelled , then the judge.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The street racers it helps a bunch. All the fast guys have it now. They can see how fast they run on the street, and tune to the road for the best pass!

Old 08-30-2018, 10:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ive used older g-techs for a long time, its not gps, just an accelerometer, but even they are pretty accurate if you enter the right weight of your car & a couple other specs. i verified mine to be within 1-2 10ths of track time slips.

but that gps one sounds cool too, there are apps for smart phones that do this too.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
ive used older g-techs for a long time, its not gps, just an accelerometer, but even they are pretty accurate if you enter the right weight of your car & a couple other specs. i verified mine to be within 1-2 10ths of track time slips.

but that gps one sounds cool too, there are apps for smart phones that do this too.
Yeah I was kinda curious about that. Is the 150 dollar external sensor considerably more accurate than a 5.99 cell phone app that uses the phones internal GPS. I like that we had someone here verify with their actual time slips to say the unit is accurate. I would like to see the same with an App Store version.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 08-30-2018, 11:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i havent used the seperate sensor thing so cant comment on that... i would guess that it should be the same as the cell phone app though, unless its a new improved hi-tech GPS thingy. for this type of thing GPS should be GPS....

i was doubtfull the older g-techs worked veryt well, i remember seeing the early ones back in the 90's that look like a little radar detector, they were too expensive for me back then when i was a kid... but i found a good deal on the better ones with digital read out screens that look like the GPS units you attach to your windshield about 10 years ago & wanted to try it out. i tested in 2 different cars & found it to be pretty accurate for what it was. plus its neat to watch it show corner G forces & has a digital tach.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Holley has a 2 axis g-meter now that integrates with their' EFI ECUs:

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/554-162

X and Y axis, wide range, and you can have it output to the digital gauge panel.

List price is $270, but sure it will come down some after it's been out a while.

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-20-2018, 06:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default dragy test

Got the dragy gps, really cool, records all sorts of stuff and you can customize it.
This was a virgin road, bad tires, spun 1st and some of second. I left at 5 psi and the rest of the run was 8-9 psi.

I have a bunch of suspension work I will do over the winter. Everyone shouls buy a dragy for $149!!

https://youtu.be/iS8sq3EIzAE

Old 02-25-2022, 02:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I just ordered one of these Dragy's from Amazon. They're $159 now. I'm hoping for good weather so I can do some testing before the new motor goes in just to see the before and after. But, it's gonna be tight since the motor's coming out soon and the weather here isn't great and still lots of de-icers on the road so we'll see.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
Old 02-25-2022, 03:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Very cool.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 02-25-2022, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

https://www.dragzine.com/news/video-...-world-record/

Quote:
Clay Millican, another of the people’s champions and a gearhead through and through, placed a Dragy aboard his 11,000 horsepower Parts Plus dragster at the recent P.R.O. NHRA pre-season nitro test session at the Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park in Phoenix, Arizona...

Millican clocked a 2.990 at 289.57 mph to the 1/8-mile (real elapsed time), which the Dragy registered as a 3.01 at an almost spot-on 289.53 mph. And while his 1/4-mile time of 4.73-seconds put a huge gap on everyone else in the overall rankings, it did leave the door open to a challenger. That’s because Top Fuel cars only race to the 1,000-foot mark, so Millican coasted across the GPS-located 1/4-mile “stripe” at only 229 mph, likely with the parachutes out.
Saw this article today and it was the first I'd heard of Dragy. Funny to see a revived thread from a few years ago on the same subject!

Old 02-25-2022, 04:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

There are plenty of youtube videos that show how well it compares to actual time slips. From what I've seen on the tube it's very accurate, usually within a couple hundredths, similar to what is shown above. I used to have a Passport GT2 that was OK but it eventually bit the dust. I'm eager to try this one. Although, I'm afraid it will show just how bad of a driver I am... LOL. Nah, I'll just blame it on the car.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share

Last edited by jhein; 02-25-2022 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-25-2022, 05:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
My friend showed me this product it's so cool. It is called a dragy gps.
It is a small gps that you stick you your car. download the app.
You can video your run and it adds the time to the video. It looks like a video game..
Best part, $149.00
Sounds cool. Link ?