THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Cheeze Whiz! Cut the Bieb some slack!

I could not care less about this kid or his music, but holy crap!

The kid is nineteen!

He has hundreds of millions of dollars and the world at his feet. How are you going to keep him down on the farm!?

His blood alcohol was half the legal limit for a kid thirteen months older than he is.
He was doing 60 in a 35 - IN A LAMBORGHINI!
His father was with him and blocking the street (half-assed attempt at safety? sure but something at least.)

OK dangerous! stupid! bad example! blah blah blah!
(Egg-ing a neighbors house? In-your-face paparazzi mouth-off? again, blah blah blah)

Perfect situation for a teach-able moment instead of a Police-State over reaction.

When I was his age, (the drinking age was 18 in New York State) we had been doing much worse for three years or more.

A friend of mine, Chief of Police around here for decades*, would have taken his keys away, driven him home and explained the facts of life to him... man to man.

* see video "All Hail Chief Mooney"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuqftfWDOmQ

Sure was a different world.

P.S.
When Buddy Holly was 19 he opened for Elvis>
Keith Moon joined the Who at 18
Hank Williams at 14 had a radio show

Old 01-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I say send the AH back to Canada. But maybe the Canadians are smarter than us and don't want him back. Ed Fitzgerald, any thoughts on that?

I say he'll do himself in before he reaches 21.

If we'd have done that in Canada, we'd be border lined and not allowed back.... period. I've seen it happen to guys I used to work with up there.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
I say he'll do himself in before he reaches 21.
Yep. Death spiral has begun.

Quote:
If we'd have done that in Canada, we'd be border lined and not allowed back.... period. I've seen it happen to guys I used to work with up there.
An acquaintance of mine was just denied entry to Canada because of a drunk driving conviction he got in the 1980s.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

An acquaintance of mine was just denied entry to Canada because of a drunk driving conviction he got in the 1980s. [/QUOTE]

It works both ways. If you have any criminal conviction in Canada, then you will not be admitted to the U.S.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dillon View Post
An acquaintance of mine was just denied entry to Canada because of a drunk driving conviction he got in the 1980s.
Yep, they can and will go back to the day you were born. Any type of DWI will get you denied entry. And any type of misdemeanor or felony will get you denied too. I've seen it happen too.

But for Canadians coming into the US, any type of DWI or misdemeanor doesn't apply. Tho they will be turned around and sent home for felonies. This is from friends I have in Customs and Border Patrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Who cares!
If any one of us did the same as him and what LoHand is doing, we'd be spending time in jail.... no suspended sentences at all, or community service to get time off. Now is that fair because they have money that we don't? I don't think so. They're not all that "Special".

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 01-26-2014, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
If any one of us did the same as him and what LoHand is doing, we'd be spending time in jail.... no suspended sentences at all, or community service to get time off. Now is that fair because they have money that we don't? I don't think so. They're not all that "Special".
Many of us HAVE done what he has done but failed to get caught because nobody has 24hr cameras on us! You've never egged a house or car & never street raced? Never been under the influence of a foreign substance?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
The Following User Says Thank You to The Boss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Suspended

Quote:
You've never egged a house or car & never street raced? Never been under the influence of a foreign substance?
Me? Refused to egg cars when I was a kid. I used tomatoes because I thought they were less harmful to paint. I've only been under the influence of domestic substances.

Old 01-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Many of us HAVE done what he has done but failed to get caught because nobody has 24hr cameras on us! You've never egged a house or car & never street raced? Never been under the influence of a foreign substance?
Nope, never egged anything. I wouldn't be alive today if I had. My parents would have killed me. I got caught trowing crabapples across the street and cars and that was the worse whoopin I've ever had. So eggs were not even in the equation. Street raced yes but out in the country on barely traveled roads. Foreign substance... yeah but only once cause it made me sicker than hell. Now booze as a foreign substance... hell yes. But I learnt my lesson... eventually. Seldom do I even have a beer these days... But when I do...... LOL

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 01-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He'll be broke by the time he's 25, probably dead before he's 30.

Text book example of the music industry creating and exploiting a young person, milking them for all they are worth, and then spitting them out to move on to the next target when they are no longer an asset.

As much money as he's made, the corporate board that created his fame has made 20 times more.

Rinse and repeat.

The Following User Says Thank You to 69goatboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The idol worshipers don't help.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 01-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He's been acting like a tool for some time now and frankly we're sick of hearing about it. All this "pressure of fame" crap doesn't cut it with the average Canadian, thus the lack of sympathy for him around here.

The Following User Says Thank You to 66sprint6 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I did plenty more wrong than him at 18 and 28 and 38

The Following User Says Thank You to Txbobcat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He`s a dumb ass kid, apparently a product of dumb ass parents. He`ll end up in a cell next to Lindsey Lohan, and then end up dead at 30, as mentioned. The media will dwell on it for months, saying what a good person he was, etc.

I couldn`t care any less.

Rinse and repeat........(good phrase, BTW)

George

Old 01-24-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestFugit View Post
I could not care less about this kid or his music, but holy crap!

The kid is nineteen!

He has hundreds of millions of dollars and the world at his feet. How are you going to keep him down on the farm!?

His blood alcohol was half the legal limit for a kid thirteen months older than he is.
He was doing 60 in a 35 - IN A LAMBORGHINI!
His father was with him and blocking the street (half-assed attempt at safety? sure but something at least.)

OK dangerous! stupid! bad example! blah blah blah!
(Egg-ing a neighbors house? In-your-face paparazzi mouth-off? again, blah blah blah)

Perfect situation for a teach-able moment instead of a Police-State over reaction.

When I was his age, (the drinking age was 18 in New York State) we had been doing much worse for three years or more.

A friend of mine, Chief of Police around here for decades*, would have taken his keys away, driven him home and explained the facts of life to him... man to man.

* see video "All Hail Chief Mooney"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuqftfWDOmQ

Sure was a different world.

P.S.
When Buddy Holly was 19 he opened for Elvis>
Keith Moon joined the Who at 18
Hank Williams at 14 had a radio show

The problem is he is a rich brat that is out of control, and has no respect for others, and thinks money will buy him out of any trouble he gets in. His parents are not much better, as he gets his prescription drugs from his mom, and they do not want to upset their cash cow with discipline. This is only one of the many situations this kid has been in, and it apparently will not be the last.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis H. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis H. View Post
The problem is he is a rich brat that is out of control, and has no respect for others, and thinks money will buy him out of any trouble he gets in. His parents are not much better, as he gets his prescription drugs from his mom, and they do not want to upset their cash cow with discipline. This is only one of the many situations this kid has been in, and it apparently will not be the last.
X1000 I have no use for people that think money gives them power or the ability to live above the law. Thankfully, he is his own worst enemy and will self destruct at some point. Hopefully sooner than later.

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 01-25-2014, 05:42 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Ferris View Post
X1000 I have no use for people that think money gives them power or the ability to live above the law. Thankfully, he is his own worst enemy and will self destruct at some point. Hopefully sooner than later.
I disagree with you and Dennis H, this has waaay more to do with media hounds reporting every single minute of his life (making evey move overblown) rather than his cash and what he "thinks" he can get away with because he's wealthy. Well he's young so he's not thinking anyway. Most teens are not millionaires and do the same things every chance they get.
Did you guys just sit at home reading on the weekends in your youth...??

If I (and my friends) had full media coverage 24/7 from age 14-30 the world would be aghast I assure you, party party party, chase girls and drive fast cars fast, doing donuts and speeding everywhere. We all live productive happy lives now.
I think it's funny how people follow all this media diarrhea and become outraged, when they more than likely did the same stuff.
Doing ONLY 60 mph while street racing in a Lamborghini hahah. The goofball must not know how to drive
160 mph would be news worthy, so go home people...nothing to see here.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONTIAC-ONE View Post
I disagree with you and Dennis H, this has waaay more to do with media hounds reporting every single minute of his life (making evey move overblown) rather than his cash and what he "thinks" he can get away with because he's wealthy. Well he's young so he's not thinking anyway. Most teens are not millionaires and do the same things every chance they get.
Did you guys just sit at home reading on the weekends in your youth...??

If I (and my friends) had full media coverage 24/7 from age 14-30 the world would be aghast I assure you, party party party, chase girls and drive fast cars fast, doing donuts and speeding everywhere. We all live productive happy lives now.
I think it's funny how people follow all this media diarrhea and become outraged, when they more than likely did the same stuff.
Doing ONLY 60 mph while street racing in a Lamborghini hahah. The goofball must not know how to drive
160 mph would be news worthy, so go home people...nothing to see here.
I do believe the media covers these things with a vengeance, but I don't think you or I can compare what we did as youths as to what this kid is doing with his life. This kid knows he can control people with his money and hopefully change the outcome of anything he does wrong. We did not have that option at his age.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:39 PM
Suspended

Is that Jeff Gordon in drag? And who waxes her lip?

Old 01-24-2014, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Partying, drugs, drinking, doing all of that while at night clubs, strip joints and street racing.

The kid isnt a talent. He has multiple writers for his music, he doesn't play an instrument and has the appeal little girls love to grab onto. He barley sings any of his songs. Many of them are computer remixes.

Having said all of this, I sorta feel sorry for the kid. He really has no direction and with the intensity of his fame and more than likely sees that all of this money comes way too easily. Im sure his ego is high in the sky. All he has to do is stand out on stage and make money.

I personally think hes just a lost kid with bad parenting. Hope someone straightens him out before he turns into a Charlie Sheen, Lindsy Lohan, Robert Downey, Jr. Danny Bonaduce........Many of which are life long train wrecks (RDJ got on his feet but only after many years in the hole).

Old 01-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
Partying, drugs, drinking, doing all of that while at night clubs, strip joints and street racing.

The kid isnt a talent. He has multiple writers for his music, he doesn't play an instrument and has the appeal little girls love to grab onto. He barley sings any of his songs. Many of them are computer remixes.

Having said all of this, I sorta feel sorry for the kid. He really has no direction and with the intensity of his fame and more than likely sees that all of this money comes way too easily. Im sure his ego is high in the sky. All he has to do is stand out on stage and make money.

I personally think hes just a lost kid with bad parenting. Hope someone straightens him out before he turns into a Charlie Sheen, Lindsy Lohan, Robert Downey, Jr. Danny Bonaduce........Many of which are life long train wrecks (RDJ got on his feet but only after many years in the hole).
Perhaps Dennis Rodman can visit with him when he gets out of his own rehab session? Just seeing what Rodman has turned into could be enough to scare the punk to a near death experience.