Old 07-09-2017, 12:56 PM

Smile POA Valve removal or re alignment.

My 69 Bird w/factory air needs the back connection loosened to allow adjustment of the "U" connetion from the compressor. Any ideas on how to free this connection without cutting it? The "U" bend almost touches the volt reg and needs to be in a more vertical position. Thanks for your ideas and input.
Frank 69

Old 07-09-2017, 06:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It might come loose if you heat the steel part of the fitting ,like freeing a frozen bolt. Once loose you should take it apart and reseal it. Just turning it will likely cause it to leak, due to any corrosion that has built up and just the simple fact the O ring in there is probably cracked to pieces anyhow

Keep the heat away from the aluminum tube, and if the fittings are aluminum you may have a real disaster on your hands.I would not put near as much heat on aluminum fitting as I would a steel one.

Have you tried to loosen them at all without any heat?

Old 07-10-2017, 06:30 AM

Smile

Yes I have tried and last time I had it serviced they tried. Maybe I should just leave it until it has to be replaced. Thanks for the good info and if it does get changed I will make sure it is properly aliged!
Frank69