Old 12-15-2023, 05:09 PM

The Childress race engines we run in the Trans Am series (850-900 HP @ 9200rpm) seem to be happy with MSD control boxes and distributors.

They aren't happy running without coolant though, thus the 2 hour swap of a $60,000 engine in the second photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191005_100135.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	625009   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211106_133025.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	625010  

Old 12-15-2023, 06:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

respectfully disagree formulajones. not a post to "enjoy" complaining. posted to genuinely let others know regarding the ready to run version. yes there are a ton of msd's out there with no issues. the op posted asking about the ready to run. certainly not millions of those out there. for what its worth I had sent the op a pm trying to avoid just this lol.

my customer service with msd was poor. thats how I judge a company. yes.

agree as I said, many have terrific service and performance with msd. i'll personally never buy another msd. its electronics after all.

ok that said, its not complainers in my view, but there a ton of negetive input reviews regarding SPECIFICALLY the ready to runs. not msd as a whole.