Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 02-26-2004, 08:48 AM
"Guy
Senior Chief

Send a message via MSN to

Has anybody used or have software that is connected to the flow bench, used to key in engine spec's with the head's flow numbers to select the cam? The sofware has all sorts of cams to select from(comps/crower/etc.) used to simulate a engine dyno. Is this software a good way of selecting the cam for ported heads? I'm green...the guy thats porting my heads has this stuff and will be advising which cam to use based of the info we get from the head flow #'s and engine build. What do think?

Old 02-26-2004, 08:48 AM
"Guy
Senior Chief

Has anybody used or have software that is connected to the flow bench, used to key in engine spec's with the head's flow numbers to select the cam? The sofware has all sorts of cams to select from(comps/crower/etc.) used to simulate a engine dyno. Is this software a good way of selecting the cam for ported heads? I'm green...the guy thats porting my heads has this stuff and will be advising which cam to use based of the info we get from the head flow #'s and engine build. What do think?

Old 02-26-2004, 01:52 PM

I used DD2000 , while building my 420hp L82 engine on my Z28. This program has flow bench module , you can sellect the head and enter/manage the flow numbers per port, also has the cam selection, CR modules etc. Gives the Flywheel values, but it calculates w/o the accecories.

Just passed that I know ,I hope it helps.
Burak.

Old 02-27-2004, 08:36 AM
"Guy
Senior Chief

Hey Burak,
Wow...Your from Istanbul,Turkey? How many other Hot Rodders are over there? Any car shows? So you did use this software to pick the cam? I'm looking to do the same with a 68 GTO. If you go to www.carcraft.com and then go to events section, and then pick on the 15 proven dyno combos my car is the first one in the combo. The car is going thru a frame off restoration today should be ready in June. I have the heads being ported now so I'm looking to build something better than I had...
Guy

Old 02-27-2004, 01:42 PM

Hi Guy,

Yeah Im from Istanbul, this GTO is my 2nd hod rod car, 1st one is 74z28/lt 420hp (done by myself).ı ve got many friends have 60s 70s muscle cars, but its limited community, ricers are everywhere

I ll start to lemans this summer.

I use DDDyno for finding the optimum combo, you have to enter your block- if aplicable overbore, then heads / flow numbers ( you can pick the oem heads or aftermarket heads, then you can manage the flow numbers -if you done porting) , then you choose the exhaust and fuel system combo, last step you can pick a cam from the given list, then you can enter your custom lift numbers if you changed the rocker ratio... this is a very usefull program

I ll look to your combo tonight .

Are you from Minnesota?

Old 02-27-2004, 01:49 PM

Woow just checked you car on carcraft, looks nice, your combo looks good, but Im sure some porting works well with your heads, why dont you use 1,6 rockers to rise your lift? (piston clearance is an issue)...

I realised that you are from Mn, this sumer I ll spent 1 month there St.Bonifacius 55373 business.

Old 02-29-2004, 05:47 AM
"Guy
Senior Chief

Hey Bur,
I'm from Mlps, MN.
I have room for a 1;65 rocker not sure could hurt the combo?
Could you key in my combo in dd software and see what it will make with 1.65 vs. 1.52? also go ported heads and non ported heads with that 292h cam thanks bud!
Guy

Old 02-29-2004, 05:48 AM
"Guy
Senior Chief

One other thing if your in MN in July go to car craft

Old 03-01-2004, 04:22 AM

Hi Guy,

how was wour weekend?

I ll enter your combo in to DD2000, but I need your head casting number, are they stock heads?

There are flow files allready installed on flow module, if your heads not there I ll find the flow files from net...

* I plant to consolidate my business trip with Carlishe camaro meeting, but if the dates fits, I ll definetly in also I would see your car live is your location close to st.Bonifacius?

Old 03-01-2004, 06:51 AM
"Guy
Senior Chief

Hi Bur,
I'm north suburbs of Mlps. 4000 cars at Carcaft Nationals. Very good weekend rode my 2001 GSXR750 Suzuki a couple of times...rare for Feb.
My heads are 1968 #16's stock now but crossover is being filled with aluminum with pocket/short turn raduis port job, stainlees steel valves. I do not know the flow numbers right now of the modified heads. Maybe try a Crower ram air IV grind too?
Thanks

Old 03-02-2004, 03:05 AM

You are a biker as well cool, Im a Harley -Davidson certified Technician as well when it comes to speedy bikes my favorite is Ducatti

Anyway, last night I ve checked the std. flow files on my DD2000, I ll check on the
internet for your heads and both cam options in next few days. Do you have time for couple pf days for this? Everyday I work on my regular job ( I work for Dupont) then 6 pm or something I go to my garage for finish my last works on my z28 till mindnight, I m ancious about to start my 69 lemans

Old 03-02-2004, 05:21 AM
"Guy
Senior Chief

Hey Bur,
I'm a x-ama roadracer, started many moons ago.
Still pretty fast for an old dude. I have riddin' modified 916 ducatti's, very nice bikes. Working on them sucks however, I like the Jap bikes for racing and my Gixer750 has cleaned house on many a R1, Gixer1000. It is a very well balanced bike with the Showa legs and 145rwhp. I have owned many HD's the last one was ripped off out of the garage! Many of my hockey buddy's have spent time in middle east, how is Turkey doing?
I have time too my 68 is close to middle of resto.

Old 03-02-2004, 02:46 PM

Hey Guy,
how are you? I just back from the garage, little tired

You have Hockey buddies in Middle East, let me check it do you know Keith Linsley, he is from Victoria, he is a good hockey player and he is doing business here ( thats why I know about MN and gonna have business there)- he is my best friend here.

when it comes to bikes, I had 28 different bikes before, german and italian ones are my favorites Guzzi, Bmw, Ducatti monsters... Harley is not perfect but still my best

There are some sites that I can download cam and flow files from, as soon as I find the files I ll apply to your combos with alternatives

Take care,
Burak.

Old 03-04-2004, 01:37 AM

Hey Guy, how are you?

Last night, I ve checked some sources for cam and flow files, there arent much files on the pontiacs but I can enter the cam values manually but I need the flow values of your head...

Next couple of days there will be heavy snow here therefore I have plenty of time to search and apply for it...

Take care
Burak.

Old 03-05-2004, 06:25 AM
"Guy
Senior Chief

My hockey buddys had to go to war in Iraq. Some of them came back already....didn't sound to good there to say the least .
My head flow..go to Wallace racing for the #16 stock head flow #'s. I won't know my ported #'s for awhile .
Snowing like crazy here...you need a 800cc skidoo to get around .
Just play with stock numbers on the 16's to see if its around what I got at Carcraft????

Old 03-05-2004, 07:44 AM

Hi again,

I hope all your hockey buddies come back home safe

tonight I gonna check the flow numbers, then increase it step by thep ... apply your combo to DD2000.

snowmobiling should be nice, Keith told me he had good speed on fozen lakes I dont have any experience unfortunatelly, Im southern / sea side boy, I used to surf and sail - good old days

bye now...
I gonna leave office soon, gonna be online at night.