Old 12-10-2006, 03:40 PM

since you asked, here's a shot of the high tech wheels on the 65 g/p.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	65 gp 2.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	75259  

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 12-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllis1965
The always controversial Red Powder Coated 8 – Lugs ……………..

I like. Polish the front edge of those fins & those would be something! Do some Mickey Thompson valve covers to match! Sets off the Reef Turq. like crazy.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 12-11-2006, 05:43 AM
Senior Chief

My '64 Bonnie is running 6in. chrome smoothies with thin whites and small domed caps. Sits a couple of inches lower as well.

Will try to get some photos up. It looks very 'right'.

Dave.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Hey Dave......

When is "All American Day" up in Sydney?

I usually go over to the Adelaide event every year (3rd Sunday of February), but this year I'm committed to doing a wedding.

Thought we might do Sydney for a change. Usually run with up to 10 cars and have a ball. Let me know mate

Ian

Old 12-11-2006, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63gpstanley
My '64 Bonnie is running 6in. chrome smoothies with thin whites and small domed caps. Sits a couple of inches lower as well.

Will try to get some photos up. It looks very 'right'.

Dave.

i want to see that!

Old 12-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Senior Chief

Ian,

Mid Jan. from memory at Castle Towers shopping centre.

Be prepared for bucket loads of Mustangs & Corvettes though and bring a hat & sunscreen, its on the top floor of the carpark with white concrete.

Photos to come, Im not real switched on with the computer electrickery yet.

Dave

Old 12-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dave,

I think you can count me out on that event. Talked to a mate last night who went up there a few years ago and he reports it was a horrible place to hold such an event. He will not go again.

Down here we have All American Day at Flemington racecourse. VERY NICE venue with grassed areas and narow bitumen roads. Lots of shade trees too.

Adelaide is on a Catholic college oval. Acres of grass but its still out in the open. Still a very nice venue (even though the Mustangs seem like arseholes - everyone has got one!!!)

I thought you had a car show around Sutherland or Miranda someplace which is on a grassed area???

Ian

Old 12-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Senior Chief

There is a really good one in Wollongong called 'Tug in the Park' early in the year. The only other one is a small muscle car show at Narrabeen lakes on the Nth. side of Sydney.

Tug is well worth it, right on the beach and huge no's of cars of all types except later models.

Now, sorry gents, lets get back to the wheels.

Dave.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:34 PM

alright you aussies lets get back to them wheels now..

Old 12-13-2006, 03:37 PM

You said you we're intrested in Smoothies here a pic of my 62 w/ smoothies and bullit caps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	62 conv.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	75663  

Old 12-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Senior Chief

Kid-Z,

I am running the same caps at the moment but on chrome rims.

Try a set of thin whites with your combo, I reckon it will set it off nice.

Dave.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-zort
You said you we're intrested in Smoothies here a pic of my 62 w/ smoothies and bullit caps.
OOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 04:52 PM

more wheels!

Old 02-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You cant see the wheels all that good, im just proud of the car. It's not much but the title says it all mine and I am proud to call it so. Oh, 15x6 rally 2's wrapped in 235-60-15 rubber. Rides real good down the road at 70mph.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 03-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Damon, it's lookin' good. I can see you've been doing a lot of work on it.
Bob

Old 03-02-2007, 05:49 PM

That's the pic I've been looking forward to! Hot Damn, my 65 2+2 is white, too! I put the scarebird disc brake setup on last weekend, rear swaybar going under this weekend, should be driving by April 1. My rallye II's are not as nice, but will be once I get to them.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Fastboy, sent you a pm

Old 03-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Might as well post mine, too

I installed these ARE TT2 15" wheels and Firestone Indy 500 Firehawks tires back in December. They are the first ever none factory items installed on this car. It's a 22,000 actual-miles, garage-kept car. Every part on the car is factory original...even the spark plugs and tires were original when I bought it 1 1/2 yrs ago. And, believe me when I say it is a real PITA to work on considering the rusted bolts. But, the great thing is the and trunk are very solid and rust free. I have it on the lift now converting it to 4 wheel discs with a hydro boost unit; installing a new T400 with a Gear Vendors unit; installing a built E-headed, roller cammed 428; and, I've already installed a completely rebuilt rear housing with a 3.42 posi. Oh, I've put a total of 34 miles on the car since I bought it.

Bob

Last edited by 6T5 Cat; 06-15-2021 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6T5 Cat
I installed these ARE TT2 15" wheels and Firestone Indy 500 Firehawks tires back in December. They are the first ever none factory items installed on this car. It's a 22,000 actual-miles, garage-kept car. Every part on the car is factory original...even the spark plugs and tires were original when I bought it 1 1/2 yrs ago. And, believe me when I say it is a real PITA to work on considering the rusted bolts. But, the great thing is the and trunk are very solid and rust free. I have it on the lift now converting it to 4 wheel discs with a hydro boost unit; installing a new T400 with a Gear Vendors unit; installing a built E-headed, roller cammed 428; and, I've already installed a completely rebuilt rear housing with a 3.42 posi. Oh, I've put a total of 34 miles on the car since I bought it.

Bob
Cool, another 65 post. I absolutly love Jerry H's post. Just the way I like them with the steelies and dog dishes. Your TT2's are nice on that car, I like the color. Heck, I put 38 miles on my car today. I try to get it out and at least put on 50 a week. It hasent broke, overheated, or gave out yet so I think after a fuel pump and new mufflers it will be fully ready for the cruising season. The rallies on the car were bought from the big car parts for sale section. KGTO had them. He blasted them, and then painted them up with the stencils kit and got some deeper dish rings on them. He did a real good job.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy143
That's the pic I've been looking forward to! Hot Damn, my 65 2+2 is white, too! I put the scarebird disc brake setup on last weekend, rear swaybar going under this weekend, should be driving by April 1. My rallye II's are not as nice, but will be once I get to them.
Hey, just wondering. Where did your car come from? Growing up I lived up
I-5 from you in Federal Way. A boy there had a 65 2+2 as a daily driver back in 1989-1990 and it was white. I cannot remember what color the interior was though. Maybe its the same car. But then again I have seen a lot of fullsize Pontiacs for sale and just in general around in the Washington/Oregon area so I guess they were popular up there.