Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2021, 05:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"i ran a t2 with a 1 inch open spacer on my 65 gto, then decided to try an rpm. then decided to try the spacer on the rpm. now i have a tiny little dent in my hood from the air cleaner stud. i need a good reminder that i am stupid every now and again, and that dent is in the perfect spot to remind me pretty often"...

I did that once about 40 years ago. Was helping a friend with his 1967 Chevy II Nova and we just installed a high rise intake and aftermarket carb. Ya, I did some of that stupid chit back in those days before I figured out it was all just bling.

The new shiny parts looked so cool under the hood we were in a big hurry for a test ride. I slammed the hood down, darned thing wouldn't close...WTF? So I slammed it harder and just about got it close with a little extra help from all my weight on the front of it.

I looked up then to see a really nice big dimple in the center of the hood....OOOPS!....

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),