THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2022, 01:12 AM

Default Guys I've got a weird one for ya. Help me.

Ok random post for the day.

I love Pontiacs and specifically the 66 gto is my favorite with obvious love for the 67 and all other years and models. But there is a couple of items that got me drooling over GTOs and made it my dream car. One was XXX the movie with Vin diesel (I'm 30 so I grew up with it) and the other was a magazine feature on a 66-67 GTO. Well now that I have (close enough) my dream car 66 lemans I am trying to find the rag and article mentioned prior. So I'll try to give details but it was probably about 15-18 years ago ( I know, I know I'm pushing my luck).

I religiously read all the paper rags from the time I was 8 till the got terrible in the last 5-8 years or so. And the magazine I recall did not seam to have the Hot Rod (mag) feel to it in both layout and article.
It was a blue 66-67 tempest, lemans, gto (but I'm pretty sure it wasnt a GTO because I remember that being mentioned how it's the same body.
It was blue
It had an A833/my6 trans swapped in it

And that's all... Lol. It had stuck with me and I have tried buying a few random years of that vintage or popular hot rodding and high performance Pontiac but have yet to get lucky.

Very very very very long shot but if you have an idea I would love it since it's partly responsible for my obsession.

Thanks.