Old 03-12-2012, 05:48 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to james47
Default first drive of the season

here in michigan we only dream of days in march being over 60 degrees an sunny, normaly we sill have snow an salt o0n the roads. so being so nice out i pulled the lemans out from under her winter cover rinsed her off wax was still good from when i put her to sleep for the winter. checked all the tires for air an didnt have to add any they were right on an that was a first. so all that was left to do was to see if she would start one push on the pedal an 3 spins of the motor she came to life told the wife id be back in a bit an left she felt so good an sounded tough i jumped on the freeway toward porthuron by the time i stopped smileing i was in lexington thought oh **** better turn around an head home so on the wa back i made a detour an went the long way found a couple mustanges to play with ( but thats another story for later) all day she ran perfect put a 172 miles on her an then took the wife an kids out to dinner in her anfound aproblem an out headlight oh well i can handle that hope everyone has th same or better luck on there first ride of the season. have fun all

Old 03-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I drove my GT-37 on Christmas Day and on New Years Day here in Michigan. Feels good to take it out.

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:06 PM

I had my 71 LeMans out for the first time on Sunday. Didn't put on 172 miles like you did, but the 20 miles I put on mine felt real good.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Living in the South has it's advantages! This my only car and I drive every day except maybe a few days a year if there is ice on the roads. There was no ice this year.

Karl

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1972 Pontiac LeMans Luxury (41) (1280x960).jpg
Views:	24
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	278273  

Old 03-14-2012, 08:02 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to james47

im jealous karl, wish we could here. i know it would get less abuse from the wife an kids if it were out of the garage every day, yhey seem to think the hood the roof an the trunck are storage shelfs

Old 03-14-2012, 12:58 PM

Had our first out yesterday the rain finally stopped. roads are clear.race fuel back at the pump as we speak.if the weatherman is right we will be in the 60-70's thru the weekend.it's like waiting for opening day. time to let the q-jet roar.