THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2021, 02:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Hotrodfarmboy
Default Brass Hat GTO

I have a '67 GTO convertible that I have owned since the early '80s. I always knew that it was a special car because it was loaded with options. I found a partial build sheet under the carpet that stated under charged to : Pontiac Motor Div. and ship to : Continental Whse, Montibello, Ca. The PHS paperwork shows charge to : Zone 50 Dealer 002 and ship to :Zone 24 Dealer 991. From the research I have done the confirms it as a Brass Hat car. I tried DMV to search the original owner but hit a dead end. I have been unable to find out what It was used for. Was it a parade or movie car? I don't think it was an "exec" car because it was build in June '67 when the '68s were almost out and the date on the PHS is Dec '67 It is Silverglaze with black interior. I'm hoping somebody out there in Pontiac land knows this car or has a picture of it in a parade in southern California. I would appreciate any comments or opinions.
thanks, Tony