Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 06-19-2004, 09:09 PM

Hey guys,, I have a 400 cid with 6x heads on it in a 76 trans am and I need new headers. I have heard the majority of people say that doug's are the best. So if possible I would like to get them,, but I have also heard from some that they are extremely expensive, and that they don't fit d-port heads. So can some please tell me if that is true. Thanks guys

Old 06-19-2004, 09:09 PM

Hey guys,, I have a 400 cid with 6x heads on it in a 76 trans am and I need new headers. I have heard the majority of people say that doug's are the best. So if possible I would like to get them,, but I have also heard from some that they are extremely expensive, and that they don't fit d-port heads. So can some please tell me if that is true. Thanks guys

Old 06-19-2004, 09:38 PM

Doug's makes different headers for Pontiacs that fit both D-port and round-port heads. They aren't cheap, but neither is working on old cars. But you do get what you pay for in proper fit, performance and great ground clearance.

Call Ken 'Ace' Brewer at Pacific Performance Racing for the best price on Doug's Headers.

Old 06-20-2004, 10:01 AM

I bought a pair last week. The bottom line with shipping to California for me was $639. I also bought mine for 6X D port heads. I hope to receive mine on Wednesday of this week; only they have not sent me an e-mail confrimation with tracking number despite me calling them two times asking them to, they said they would though.

Old 06-22-2004, 08:23 AM

Hey thanks alot for the replies guys. I appreciate the info.

Hey colette,, was that the cost of yours with coating or anything like on them, or just the very base price you could get a pair for?

Old 06-24-2004, 09:07 AM

Mine are coated and they came with the flang kit to the exhaust and I am hopeing that they came with some crush gaskets but I have not had much time to look yet. I am thinking the ones I bought are top of the line. I should be putting in the engine and putting on the header this weekend so I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 06-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There's a special right now for 65-67 GTO's. Maybe you can get a good price for your Trans Am. Check out this thread...

http://forums.performanceyears.com/g...8186#718108186

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Treat Me Good, I'll Treat You Better; Treat Me Bad, I'll Treat You Worse"
Sonny Barger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~