THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 07:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Question about the customer satisfaction forum

Posted a complaint about a part place product sold thru ames………...seems if you don't give a glowing report about something ames sells...…….goes thru a moderator before it gets posted.

Why even have a Customer Satisfaction Forum if your not gonna post what was written on it....…..no foul language, just what I think...…….suppose next step is ban from the forum.

Rich

Old 06-29-2019, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't understand - you posted a complaint, and it's there for all to see. Are you saying it had to be approved by a moderator first? If that was the case, chances are it's done exactly for the reason you stated, to filter out any profane language.

Of course, there's always the option of picking up the phone Monday morning and talking to someone at Ames directly.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:54 PM

Your thread was approved by a moderator literally minutes after you posted it.

Everything posted both good and bad goes through a moderator, all get approved no matter whether they make Ames look good or bad.

Ames does not have us filter out the bad reviews and keep only the good ones as you should already know from the previous issue you posted about in there.

So what’s the purpose of this thread?

Old 06-29-2019, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
Your thread was approved by a moderator literally minutes after you posted it.

Everything posted both good and bad goes through a moderator, all get approved no matter whether they make Ames look good or bad.

Ames does not have us filter out the bad reviews and keep only the good ones as you should already know from the previous issue you posted about in there.

So what’s the purpose of this thread?
Sorry about that Bart, I see they approved the thread, my mistake, I should have waited a little longer...……..on the other issue I don't remember seeing that a moderator needed to approve of it...…...will not happen again on my end.

Rich

Old 06-29-2019, 10:13 PM

I'm curious as well.....what was the purpose?

Old 06-30-2019, 12:10 AM

The owners of this forum and Ames Performance have always been very open and honest with any situation dealing with customer feedback. Never has anyone’s complaint been ignored or deleted, nor has anyone been punished/banned for expressing any negative views or gripes in regards to any business transactions with the owners or sponsors.

It might take a little while for us to approve feedback threads because we have a small moderator crew covering the forums and there is no automatic notification to us when feedback has been posted, so please have a little patience.

How many automotive forums can you join for no cost, socialize with other hobbyists, share information, sell cars or parts from your stash in the classifieds and still be allowed to give honest feedback both good and bad about the products and services of the forum sponsors?

Probably not too many I’d say.

Closed.

Closed Thread