THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:54 AM
Senior Chief

Default Good gooseneck single car trailer size?

I have come to love gooseneck trailers.
(Have a three horse trailer, not planning on going back to bumper pull)

I would like to get an enclosed single car trailer.

Any good reccomendations?

Need to bring a 70 GTO from where it is to where I live, and will like to have an enclosed trailer as needed for my 69 GTO, etc.

"Yes, it's a real GTO. I know the scoops, spoiler, exhaust tips, and rear wheels are wrong. Umm, sure it's the 'big block' 400, you are quite the expert. I am driving in the rain, at night, running errands, with the kids who are eating and having ice cream in the back, after going to the drag strip, burning rubber, and blowing donuts. Do you really think it's numbers matching all original?"
Old 08-18-2016, 12:07 PM
Senior Chief

Mine was a 24 ft. Big enough for most cars, but not too big.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i know ya love goose necks...for a single car 24 footer...i cant even imagine the cost...it would be way way more expensive...and unless ya got a 30+ would it be worth it?

2 car trailer..way to go..24 footer...just an expensive proposition if you can even fnd one

i looked and they are rare because they arent popular just an opinion..but i believe in getting what ya want..if i had my mind set ..no one could change it..lol thats for sure

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 08-18-2016, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Watch how the length of trailer is rated. Since I've owned gooseneck horse trailers and car trailers, I can speak from experience.

Most horse trailers have length expressed as the length of the lower floor.

Car trailers are usually expressed as the length from the hitch to the back of the trailer (typically about 8' longer than the lower floor length). The exception to this would be a company that makes both horse trailers and car trailers (like Featherlite).

So a 24' horse trailer might be the same size as a 32' car trailer. Make sure you're clear on how the dimensions are being stated.

Not that this applies, but to further confuse things, a horse trailer with living quarters is usually expressed something like "3-horse with a 15' short wall".

That being said, a 32' trailer (24' floor) is pretty nice if you don't plan on adding a lot of toolboxes, 4-wheelers and other stuff.

36' overall length can carry a moderate amount of extra stuff.

We have a 42' trailer now but we have to carry a LOT of parts, tools, EZ-ups, tables, chairs, spare slicks, and on and on.

Hope this helps,
Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”