THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg View Post
IMHO, Run, don't walk, as quickly as possible.
DITTOS! Volo has a rather dubious reputation.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 06-19-2013, 12:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ha! If he's anything like any of my friends / relatives who ask for my "expert" advice on any of my stuff (cars, bicycles, real estate); he won't - as I also advise - tiptoe in the cheap way. He'll buy some super expensive "expert level" stuff, then lose interest within a few weeks.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I remembered the gal's username who had all that grief: Jennysay. I did not find her old posts, however. Only a mention of her by our dear old friend Scott.

I recall she owned a medical supply business in Orlando, but I do not know which one. Never did meet her, even though I was living in Orlando at that time.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

how about fastlane motorcars out of st charles missouri? anyone have any experience with them? they do alot of consignment cars...im not a fan of dealers either, but i think some are better than others.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Senior Chief

He bought it.
Had a guy go appraise it.

He was friend/family knew him for 20 years and on the scale of older friends fell into the scale somewhere between good friend to uncle/step-father range.

A handful of times I have driven the hell out of it with him.

Man it runs nice.

The 69 I had in HS with a later 70s 455 from a junk yard, lets just say the engine was not so nice. My RAIII spec 400 is nice, but man is this sweet.

Pull of the dash carpet and it has a couple of hairline cracks. Could not convince him seeing the cracks beat seeing the carpet.

The temp gauge does not work.

I do not know how to mess with the 3 pronged thermo-switch or how it should function.

I was going to get to those and help him pick a 70 RA set up, scoops, and humbler repro for it.

Sadly, he has passed recently.

I am so glad he got it and had some time to enjoy it.

Biggest kick in the ass is I just barely retired after almost 30 years in the military and was having more time to spend with and visit friends and family.

I am going to end up with it. Not sure how much yet, but it is a foregone conclusion.

"Yes, it's a real GTO. I know the scoops, spoiler, exhaust tips, and rear wheels are wrong. Umm, sure it's the 'big block' 400, you are quite the expert. I am driving in the rain, at night, running errands, with the kids who are eating and having ice cream in the back, after going to the drag strip, burning rubber, and blowing donuts. Do you really think it's numbers matching all original?"
Old 03-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Volo

Sorry to hear about your friend passing.
I have a '69 GTO convertible in the shop that the guy bought from Volo. It's going to keep me busy for a while.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4834.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	355508  

Old 03-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Check out this 72 in Colorado--true 455 HO--seems reasonable. What do you guys think?

http://pueblo.craigslist.org/cto/4349600704.html

Old 03-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy View Post
Check out this 72 in Colorado--true 455 HO--seems reasonable. What do you guys think?

http://pueblo.craigslist.org/cto/4349600704.html
Looks nice and has the shoulder belt option. Not many of any year seen with that option.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairthreegto View Post
He bought it.

He was friend/family knew him for 20 years and on the scale of older friends fell into the scale somewhere between good friend to uncle/step-father range.

Man it runs nice.

The 69 I had in HS with a later 70s 455 from a junk yard, lets just say the engine was not so nice. My RAIII spec 400 is nice, but man is this sweet.

Pull of the dash carpet and it has a couple of hairline cracks. Could not convince him seeing the cracks beat seeing the carpet.

I do not know how to mess with the 3 pronged thermo-switch or how it should function.

I was going to get to those and help him pick a 70 RA set up, scoops, and humbler repro for it.

Biggest kick in the ass is I just barely retired after almost 30 years in the military and was having more time to spend with and visit friends and family.

I am going to end up with it. Not sure how much yet, but it is a foregone conclusion.
Sorry to hear of your friends passing. Sometimes the best thing someone can enjoy before they pass is driving a really nice car. Sounds like you guys go to do a lot of that!

Old 03-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairthreegto View Post
He bought it.

Man it runs nice.

I'm sorry to read of your friends passing;
I hope he was able to enjoy the car for the short time he had it.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
Old 03-05-2014, 08:23 AM

All the old timers around here remember the Carousel Red 69 Bondo Judge from Volo.

Kurt