Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-06-2018, 02:09 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Edelbrock is good for waiting on another smaller business to come out with a head design so they can see if racers want them then they start casting their own version......for a multi million dollar company thats pretty crappy, but whatever!

GTO George
You're right, George. It's not only crappy, it's theft. Just like Chinese theft of intellectual property.

But it wasn't Edelbrock trying to steal, it was the Butlers. Edelbrock refused last time. If the Butlers find another manufacturer to copy the heads, what follows will be interesting. Remember, Butler had CV-1 heads listed for sale on their website some time back. However, they had none to sell, nor any arrangement with Roland to sell Roland's products.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Port Development View Post
... that term refers to Langers heads, not ours ...
That was my guess.... you asked if anyone wanted to guess. But I'm interested in hearing more details on this subject.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
You're right, George. It's not only crappy, it's theft. Just like Chinese theft of intellectual property.

But it wasn't Edelbrock trying to steal, it was the Butlers. Edelbrock refused last time. If the Butlers find another manufacturer to copy the heads, what follows will be interesting. Remember, Butler had CV-1 heads listed for sale on their website some time back. However, they had none to sell, nor any arrangement with Roland to sell Roland's products.
Edelbrock is a good company with quality products they just have us Pontiac racers last on their Christmas list!

GTO George

Old 12-06-2018, 03:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Edelbrock is a good company with quality products they just have us Pontiac racers last on their Christmas list!

GTO George
Edelbrocks's priority is making money.... just like many other corporations.... even the guys that tell you they're doing this out of passion for the Pontiac hobby need to have a place to live and food to eat.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Edelbrocks's priority is making money.... just like many other corporations.... even the guys that tell you they're doing this out of passion for the Pontiac hobby need to have a place to live and food to eat.
Yea I could to Edelbrock going out of business because the Pontiac D Ports are not selling! LOL!

GTO George

Old 12-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yea I could to Edelbrock going out of business because the Pontiac D Ports are not selling! LOL!

GTO George
Lol..... actually their d-ports are a great head. I sell a lot of them.... They can't keep they're CNC chamber round port heads in stock. I received three sets a few months ago and have three more on back order. Amazing the interest in an engine which hasn't been produced in forty years.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:32 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Lol..... actually their d-ports are a great head. I sell a lot of them.... They can't keep they're CNC chamber round port heads in stock. I received three sets a few months ago and have three more on back order. Amazing the interest in an engine which hasn't been produced in forty years.
I’m sure glad they came out with them first..........oh wait they waited for someone else to do it first. Like I said us Pontiac Racers are last on their list.

GTO George

Old 12-06-2018, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_conditioning

It works ho428

"Pavlov concluded that if a particular stimulus in the dog's surroundings was present when the dog was given food then that stimulus could become associated with food and cause salivation on its own." Sent a PM and the Dogs start salivating.

Tom V.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Hello Children, Merry Christmas.
Tom V.

... um, what you sent was a complete and total fabrication against the truth of the matter genius ... the really chitty part is just how many people you've been spreading your CV-1 hater BS to over the years, as if you're some kind of an authority on the matter, too funny Tom, but by all means sir keep cutting your own throat, it's quite entertaining to say the least ...

... this post does one very clear thing, it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a lying piece of chit and should not be trusted, this post wasn't about my words, it was simply about yours from people you've been giving it to, and yet your dumb azz comes in here and says Merry Christmas ??? ...

... yeah, like i said, keep cutting your own throat genius ...

Old 12-06-2018, 05:00 PM
Suspended

Quote:
... um, what you sent was a complete and total fabrication against the truth of the matter genius ... the really chitty part is just how many people you've been spreading your CV-1 hater BS to over the years, as if you're some kind of an authority on the matter, too funny Tom, but by all means sir keep cutting your own throat, it's quite entertaining to say the least ...

... this post does one very clear thing, it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a lying piece of chit and should not be trusted, this post wasn't about my words, it was simply about yours from people you've been giving it to, and yet your dumb azz comes in here and says Merry Christmas ??? ...

... yeah, like i said, keep cutting your own throat genius ...

GTO George

Old 12-06-2018, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... that is largely my fault Brad, i do need to take more time to participate on the Pontiac Channel, so for that i apologize, i will do better, but concerning the Big Chief project he has an extremely busy schedule and we have to just wait for him to get things going, it's no fault on his part i don't believe as he has a ton of stuff to keep up with, so i post updates as i have them from him, now in his defense we have recently finished the relocation of manufacture for the R2 Shaft-System which Chief got a few months ago so he was waiting on those parts, manufacturing can be a real issue sometimes, but things are underway now so we're anxious to see what Chief's new CV-1 combo runs like ....
Bill,
I know you, Chief and the other people in this project are busy so I did not think I would get a reply until there was actually something to report.

Also since I don't want to leave anyone out.

Happy Hanukah

Happy Kwanzaa

Merry Christmas

Seasons Greetings

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm

Last edited by Stan Weiss; 12-06-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Edelbrock is good for waiting on another smaller business to come out with a head design so they can see if racers want them then they start casting their own version......for a multi million dollar company thats pretty crappy, but whatever!

GTO George
Bob Walla was coming out with aluminum heads had a few early versions about the time Edelbrock came out with theirs. He also had an aluminum block before World/Walden did. The new Carl McQuillen Z-12s are an improvement over the factory Z-11 heads and pretty bad a$$ looking.

Bob is on '09 fanatic and why he made it his project kind of like Wentzler had the first Pontiac aluminum heads.

1965 GTO 4 barrel 3 speed project
2004 GTO Pulse Red stock motor computer tune 13.43@103.4
1964 Impala SS 409/470ci 600 HP stroker project
1979 Camaro IAII Edelbrock head 500" 695 HP 10.33@132 3595lbs
Old 12-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

The Butlers do deal with the Chinese and they have no problem stealing your stuff. To them you are just a weak businessman if you let it happen to you. Makes it OK.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Fix View Post
Bob Walla was coming out with aluminum heads had a few early versions about the time Edelbrock came out with theirs. He also had an aluminum block before World/Walden did. The new Carl McQuillen Z-12s are an improvement over the factory Z-11 heads and pretty bad a$$ looking.

Bob is on '09 fanatic and why he made it his project kind of like Wentzler had the first Pontiac aluminum heads.
Skip,
Do you have a link?

Thanks,
Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 12-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:

How do you know this?

Old 12-06-2018, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Absolutely 100% not my heads.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

EDPHTTF.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=PAUL K;5963825]Lol..... actually their d-ports are a great head. I sell a lot of them.... They can't keep they're CNC chamber round port heads in stock. I received three sets a few months ago and have three more on back order. Amazing the interest in an engine which hasn't been produced in forty years.[/QUOTE]

Thank Big Chief for that.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Suspended

[QUOTE=ponjohn;5963943]
Quote:
Lol..... actually their d-ports are a great head. I sell a lot of them.... They can't keep they're CNC chamber round port heads in stock. I received three sets a few months ago and have three more on back order. Amazing the interest in an engine which hasn't been produced in forty years.[/QUOTE]

Except most of the ones who don’t know (which is everyone else besides Pontiac people) think he has a BB Chevy in it!

GTO george

Old 12-06-2018, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=ponjohn;5963943]
Quote:
Lol..... actually their d-ports are a great head. I sell a lot of them.... They can't keep they're CNC chamber round port heads in stock. I received three sets a few months ago and have three more on back order. Amazing the interest in an engine which hasn't been produced in forty years.[/QUOTE]

Definitely but there's probably some others that should be on the "thank you" list also.... if you're going to start one.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good to hear Cheif is continuing on with CV1. Sad to hear of behind the scenes nonsense that goes on, been going on for years.
Unwarranted , unsolicited attacks via PM sucks •••k. Chiefbigb I hear ya.