Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 08-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Big Chief going NHRA pro-mod racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
Or do you think this is like a Tim Tebow (bring your fan club and make sure they buy a ticket)come play QB in the NFL kinda things??

I mean We all pull for the guy and want to see him do well at that level!!!

Either way your right it's a awesome deal and opportunity!

I really hope he does have a Pontiac motor under the front end because as a fan I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HOW QUICK AND FAST he could go on a black lines matter race track(a well prepped tight track)

Your ball busting cracks me up you have gota be 1 of the only racers from Tahlequah I haven't hung out with at the track....I always enjoy hanging out with Larry and Shawn.....Terry, Crystal& Ty...damn good folks down there so I figure you are too!

That's because those guys race different deals than I do... Don't care much for throttle stop stuff...

Starting to be more street race oriented. I guess you already know they race in front of Larry and Shawn's shop now. Uphill around a curve... When I get a tire I feel is worthy I am taking my nearly 4K lb car car down there to play with them...

Old 08-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455firebird1969 View Post
A lot of us around here care what is under his hood. Good luck Justin! I understand switching power plant at some point in order to be competitive, but I'd rather see him be the underdog with a Poncho. I'm gonna have to watch the televised event now, something I haven't done in years. That's a plus for the NHRA, bringing in new viewers.
Ok so my last question for the die hards?
What's the opinions of the die hard pontiac racer/fan if Justin Licensed in a non pontiac powered car?
If he did license in the crow-mod does anyone know what his last 3 quarter mile ET's were???????As a huge fan of Pontiac powered cars I would like to know that!!!!

He did get a license the same way as the rest of us right????

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.890@157.08 MPH in Iowa in June’23 ,157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 08-12-2016, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

What's the opinions of the die hard pontiac racer/fan if Justin Licensed in a non pontiac powered car?

If he did license in the crow-mod does anyone know what his last 3 quarter mile ET's were???????As a huge fan of Pontiac powered cars I would like to know that!!!!

As a "huge fan of Pontiac powered cars" yet put ford heads on the one you did have and then switched to Chevy after that when what you are doing could obviously have been done well with actual In line Valve Pontiac Power I wonder how "huge" a fan you are?

I figure NHRA looked at all the footage and figured if he could get down an un-prepped street with it Ok that he would be safe enough on a track since he does have all of the required safety equipment and obviously knows how to handle a car/pro mod...

Besides that they are looking at a Huge Payday from him just showing up!

If you want to see the craziest thing you have ever seen come to "Outlaw Armageddon" in Noble next weekend - that place is going to be so crazy packed with people you may not even be able to hear the cars!!!

Old 08-12-2016, 10:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

By the time he is done qualifying and made first round, he should have enough passes under his belt for a license, right?

Old 08-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

He probably licensed at a track rental with a couple of pro mod guys signing off.

The licensing passes have to be a single (3 of them)
Track owner and a couple licensed witnesses.

Not hard to get or do?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 08-12-2016, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes455Wagon View Post
By the time he is done qualifying and made first round, he should have enough passes under his belt for a license, right?
No one is allowed to license at a national ....let alone the big go............ Unlesssss he is planning on heading up to BRAINERD for the divisional?????? And maybe trying to obtain a grade point at the national running comp?????

Come on Justin.......you should go up to BRAINERD and find out what the zoo is all about!Larry Larson has been 3rds in comp at a national with the fastest street vehicle in america I'm sure you could do better than that!

69goat1 you crack me up really do enjoy the smack talk it is fun....Won a track championship in 1997 with my old #12's won a track championship in 2004 with eheads.....won a few big bucks races with eheads..supported a min of 3pontiac races a year every year from 1993-2015 no matter how far I had to travel...and won a few of those..the ford head thing was just something I hadnt tried so I thought I'd give it a try.....

As for You guys racing outside that shop....I'm sure you are holding your own! But our conversations are the typical "life chit".....but since you mentioned it u bet I'll bring it up in a few weeks when I see them guys again.....I'll be sure to brag on your bada$$ Pontiac a bit!

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.890@157.08 MPH in Iowa in June’23 ,157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23

Last edited by S/st 54; 08-12-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Banned for life to in the field with no points. I'm pretty sure we are seeing what kind of stuff that particular organization will do to better themselves with a disregard to their own requirements and rules. We will call letting him in "based on business needs."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

If he runs a non Pontiac in the Crow mod it wouldn't mean much other than he wants to be competitive. The Crow mod is not a real Pontiac, it's a Purpose built racecar. I wouldn't like it if he ran a chebbie in the old Crow, because it came with a Poncho in it.

T-400/PTC 4000/390's/30x9 Hoosier radial slicks,#3400
1.38 60' 6.32 @ 108 MPH at Northeast Dragway NC 5/23/15 (9th pass on new engine)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ePCu2v...ature=youtu.be

1.37 60' 6.26 @ 109 half track, 9.86 @ 136 1/4 mile, #3350 11/26/16 at Richmond Dragway (125th pass on new engine)
Old 08-12-2016, 11:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Crowmod will have real Pontiac power at Indy.

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 08-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarson View Post

Eric
That's good news! The new block design must be a part of his plan?

T-400/PTC 4000/390's/30x9 Hoosier radial slicks,#3400
1.38 60' 6.32 @ 108 MPH at Northeast Dragway NC 5/23/15 (9th pass on new engine)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ePCu2v...ature=youtu.be

1.37 60' 6.26 @ 109 half track, 9.86 @ 136 1/4 mile, #3350 11/26/16 at Richmond Dragway (125th pass on new engine)
Old 08-12-2016, 01:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
No one is allowed to license at a national ....let alone the big go............ Unlesssss he is planning on heading up to BRAINERD for the divisional?????? And maybe trying to obtain a grade point at the national running comp?????

Come on Justin.......you should go up to BRAINERD and find out what the zoo is all about!Larry Larson has been 3rds in comp at a national with the fastest street vehicle in america I'm sure you could do better than that!

69goat1 you crack me up really do enjoy the smack talk it is fun....Won a track championship in 1997 with my old #12's won a track championship in 2004 with eheads.....won a few big bucks races with eheads..supported a min of 3pontiac races a year every year from 1993-2015 no matter how far I had to travel...and won a few of those..the ford head thing was just something I hadnt tried so I thought I'd give it a try.....

As for You guys racing outside that shop....I'm sure you are holding your own! But our conversations are the typical "life chit".....but since you mentioned it u bet I'll bring it up in a few weeks when I see them guys again.....I'll be sure to brag on your bada$$ Pontiac a bit!

You should have stuck with what was working and was cool...

I haven't ran with those guys in front of the shop yet...They had 3 races I know of and nobody called me...Heard about them after the fact.

Got an official invite from one of the main characters in that deal for "sometime when it is cooler" and I still have to find a tire that MIGHT try to hold it...

Shawn was beside me 2 weeks ago in his convertible Camaro street car in Town... He got the Hit and I got sideways immediately...

BTW - this is my old Black Street Car... The engine under the blower ran 10.60's in this car with no help at 10.2:1 compression 87 cc E heads and just slightly lighter (Blowers are Heavy). Engine is exactly the same except compression is now 8.5:1 and it is blown with 2 carbs...put a new heater core in, fixed the cigarette lighter, etc... If it ever holds the road 10.6 will be way back there...

The green car we met in the finals with that year... you won't know it when you see it again...

Last edited by 69Goat1; 08-12-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Suspended

Angry

Ratings booster that's all.......gimmick!

GTO George

Old 08-12-2016, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

From NHRA:

Crowmod

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 08-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

And I quote "We want all of Justin’s fans to know they are welcome at NHRA events and encouraged to race at NHRA member tracks.”

Which should read.... "We want all of Justin's fans."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-12-2016, 02:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455firebird1969 View Post
That's good news! The new block design must be a part of his plan?
I haven't asked him; but I doubt there's enough time between now and then.

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 08-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Come on Justin.......you should go up to BRAINERD and find out what the zoo is all about!Larry Larson has been 3rds in comp at a national with the fastest street vehicle in america I'm sure you could
My understanding is that he was already given a Pro-Mod license by the NHRA.

Chief and other Street Outlaws will be racing Lary Larson at Outlaw Armaggedon in Noble Oklahoma next weekend.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes455Wagon View Post

Which should read.... "We want all of Justin's fans."
GOOD! Then NHRA go back to 1320 feet! THAT might get you some old time, long time fans back!

Old 08-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This is a c&p from the YB board, I'm just posting it here as it may answer some of the who, what, when and why questions about BC getting in the field with a lic.

This is from an interview with Kevin Fiscus:

E3: All I see are people complaining that he was able to register with no grade points and no NHRA license.
KF: To me it is pretty simple, this week the registration opened up for drivers having one and more grade points. One can only assume he must have registered with one grade point. I know he has a NHRA license because I actually signed off on his single license passes which were made at Texas Motorplex prior to the American Outlaws Live event where we both competed earlier this year. You have to know how the system works and if you have at least one grade point you can still register because as I answer this question, there are two spot still open. If you got at least one grade point quit bitching and put it in the lanes if not sit back and enjoy the show!

Old 08-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You have to know how the system works and if you have at least one grade point you can still register because as I answer this question, there are two spot still open. If you got at least one grade point quit bitching and put it in the lanes if not sit back and enjoy the show!

Old 08-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Suspended

That is AWESOME! I hope he negotiated 10% of the gate sales with NHRA. He IS drag racing at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarson View Post

Eric