Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 11-17-2015, 10:17 PM
Suspended

You are right man, that car is the COOLEST Pontiac ever produced (well if it was Brewster green ). Very light and ready to rock. I bet Justin will be building another 72 Lemans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac 326 View Post

Old 11-17-2015, 11:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad you're home and ok. Good luck on your new build. I will be watching to see what it will be.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:44 AM

Very sorry to hear this news. Glad your okay and can't wait to see your new build.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:21 AM
Suspended

Justin any chance you might use a 73 GTO body for your next build, I'm real partial to it because like you I got mine new & love the body style. It's good choice for you to use they are light even if some say there not mine is 3440 right now. I know thats not as light as what you were working with but it is a good starting point to , plus it's a full frame car. If I could figure out how to put a pic on here now I'd show you some pics of mine to show you they can look great with a little bit of mods. Just look close at my side pic.(avatar)...

Old 11-18-2015, 07:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Glad you're ok, Justin. Looked like a helluva wadded-up mess that did its job well when it was "happy" and racing as well as during the crash, protecting its most vital part. However, just like the Phoenix bird, the Crow will rise again in one form or another; it has to- there are too many loyal fans. Maybe the Trans Am bird should show itself again in the form of The Crow...and make them all eat crow. Heal up fast.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpssonic View Post
Glad you're ok, Justin. Looked like a helluva wadded-up mess that did its job well when it was "happy" and racing as well as during the crash, protecting its most vital part. However, just like the Phoenix bird, the Crow will rise again in one form or another; it has to- there are too many loyal fans. Maybe the Trans Am bird should show itself again in the form of The Crow...and make them all eat crow. Heal up fast.

The Phoenix rises to avenge the Crow... I like that theme!

Old 11-18-2015, 08:06 AM
Senior Chief

Glad that you ok 2nd gen Trans am should be your next build ... Just saying😄

Old 11-18-2015, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac 326 View Post
That would be amazing! A 70-73 setup like that is a rare sight indeed.

What will you do with the Crow now? Go the route Dave went and try and sell it?

I imagine it would be really hard for you to get rid of it. Maybe hang it from the shop ceiling?

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 11-18-2015, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Justin, was glancing through the Midwest Street Cars FB page and found this image. Seems to me The Crow was never finished! Bring it back with either a painted black top or vinyl. This combines both color schemes of the car, sticks with the theme and takes it to the next level.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crow 2.0.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	413619  

Last edited by 2manyponchos; 11-18-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:42 PM

Big Chief,

I have a 72 Lemans post car that I would be willing to sell as a roller. I'm in the military and am getting ready to move across the country. I would want to pull my engine since that is where my money is but would be willing to sell you the rest of it. I can take the motor and drop it into anything I would want anyways.

400/468 Stroker - XX 400 block; Forged internals with flat top pistons w/ valve reliefs; Aluminum KRE D-Ports ported by CVMS (10.2 comp); XR288HR Comp Cam; MSD distributor; Port Matched Performer RPM; Quick Fuel Carb; Doug Long Tube Headers, 2.5 exhaust with H-pipe and Flowmasters; TH-400 w/11" 2800 stall; 9" Rear w/Eaton TruTrac Diff and 3.50 gears.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyponchos View Post
Justin, was glancing through the Midwest Street Cars FB page and found this image. Seems to me The Crow was never finished! Bring it back with either a painted black top or vinyl. This combines both color schemes of the car, sticks with the theme and takes it to the next level.
I think it would look cool with the vinyl top. The Chevelle on this FB page looks sweet with the vinyl top.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7310908&type=3

Old 11-18-2015, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That could happen just as easy on a track with same results.
Glad your not "to" banged up.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 11-18-2015, 06:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polichena View Post
I think it would look cool with the vinyl top. The Chevelle on this FB page looks sweet with the vinyl top.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7310908&type=3
X2
I like the vinyl top.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad to see you’re ok and sticking with a Pontiac powered Pontiac. A first or second gen bird would be a great choice for a CROW-II.

2023 Best ET Slip
60’ 1.224
330 3.186
1/8 4.784
MPH 152.07
1000 6.175
ET 7.347
MPH 189.92
Weight 3650

YouTube Channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC21...rWwgFdfTRqShGQ

FaceBook Group --> https://www.facebook.com/groups/220092308823847/
Old 11-18-2015, 08:43 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyponchos View Post
The deal is to get back to the TOP of THE LIST!

You have a lot of history on how to get a GTO to go down the road quickly.

My vote would be finish what you started before this unfortunate accident with the other car.

(Changing now to an F-Bird would be like Superman wearing Pink and Green.)

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

"The deal is to get back to the TOP of THE LIST!"

Yup. Agreed. Keep your eyes on the prize. No looking back- just forward. There's no future in the past. TOP. OF. THE. LIST. You've done it before- no biggie...and enjoy the ride along the way, as a good part of the fun lies in the journey. Whatever you do, we'll be watching... and cheering you on.

Tony

Old 11-18-2015, 09:37 PM

Glad to hear you're OK. I have a 1963 Pontiac tempest body along with two other 63 Tempest parts cars that would make a great race car. I raced a 63 Tempest for 5 years with NMCA and they start out light weight and VFN makes every glass part you can think of for the car. Mine was 2400 #s and now there is more glass available. Looking for $2000 for all three cars. I work in a chassis shop in South Jersey and could turn it into whatever you need. You can checkout our work on Fusion Fab on Facebook. Message me on PY with any questions. Love to do it for you
Joe

Old 11-18-2015, 09:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to performerrpm

dam...after seein the crow all these years i been on py...then just now watching all the street outlaws for the the first time just this passed month...its like im heartbroken over this car too...seams to pop up on my fb page alot. really sux i missed the chance to see it run when yall was here in the 918 not long ago....but im wondering...are you gonna build the crow its own little pedastal in the shop....im dyin the meet the car in person...totaled or not...it has character.

ps...im just now gettin a chance to start back on mine...shops be ready soon...ive longed pipe dreamed of draggin ur ass but now ive got an excellent excuse why it wont happin...

Old 11-19-2015, 12:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So glad you are mostly ok Justin! You can replace your car but not your health or your life. Good luck on your next build. I'm biased, but my vote is to go back with what you're familiar with, a 70-72 A body.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 11-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Warrior View Post
That could happen just as easy on a track with same results.
Glad your not "to" banged up.
True, but I can't help think experience driving on the street could/would have played a part in this incident. Justin has many years of experience driving/racing his car on the street. Brian Davis does not. Brian didn't start racing his car on any street until recently when he decided he wanted to be on the show.
I guess that's neither here nor there at this point, just glad both Justin and Brian are ok.

Bryan