Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... I'll take chocolate ice cream Mike ...
Turbo Bill would make a good farmer.

Always counting his "Chickens before they are hatched", heaping on the fertilizer and counting the bushels per acre before the corn is out of the ground, braying like a jackass
in the farm lot before the race with the camel.

The camel COULD kick you a$$, then what would you do TTB?

Most JUST WANT TO SEE A CV-1 HEADED ENGINE MAKE SOME REALLY GOOD POWER AT NORWALK - AFTER YEARS AND YEARS OF TALKING

Fulton and Mike Leech work hard and have a high success rate so here is your chance.
(Don't screw it up).

Tom V.

With Fulton involved you have a very good chance to be in the winners circle.

So how many passes are the guys going to run 1/8th AND 1/4 mile?

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Turbo Bill would make a good farmer.

Always counting his "Chickens before they are hatched", heaping on the fertilizer and counting the bushels per acre before the corn is out of the ground, braying like a jackass
in the farm lot before the race with the camel.

The camel COULD kick you a$$, then what would you do TTB?

Most JUST WANT TO SEE A CV-1 HEADED ENGINE MAKE SOME REALLY GOOD POWER AT NORWALK - AFTER YEARS AND YEARS OF TALKING

Fulton and Mike Leech work hard and have a high success rate so here is your chance.
(Don't screw it up).

Tom V.

With Fulton involved you have a very good chance to be in the winners circle.

So how many passes are the guys going to run 1/8th AND 1/4 mile?

... great job Tom, post #18,636 is in the bag ...

Old 06-27-2015, 11:42 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... great job Tom, post #18,636 is in the bag ...
Now thats FUNNY!!

GTO George

Old 06-27-2015, 01:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Now thats FUNNY!!

GTO George
When Mike Leech lines up next to you at Norwalk and skull drags your P/A car down the track, that will be funny!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 06-27-2015, 02:12 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
When Mike Leech lines up next to you at Norwalk and skull drags your P/A car down the track, that will be funny!
Mike pick up a nice ET reduction after adding a BIG hood scoop and losing 200 lbs , 8'0's is flying. Im sure I will still be able to enter the KRE Q16 and the bracket races no matter what Mike runs, it also didn't stop me from racing in 2 races last week! By the way how's your racing going or have you just turned into a TEST & TUNE racer? LOL!!!

GTO George

Old 06-27-2015, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Mike vs George

Quote:
That will be a good race N/A vs Promod-blower

Old 06-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69FIREBIRD76MM View Post
That will be a good race N/A vs Promod-blower
It is not a fair race, one car is handicapped with E-heads!

EHTTFMF

Old 06-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
It is not a fair race, one car is handicapped with E-heads!

EHTTFMF
Actually 2 handicaps, eheads and naturally aspirated

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Actually 3, small tires

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought the 8-71 blower was the handicap in this matchup (Leech vs George race)

Last edited by slowbird; 06-27-2015 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
I thought the 8-71 blower was the handicap in this matchup (Leech vs George race)
Just might be!

No offense intended George. I think a 14-71 might be better than overdriving the 8-71.(Think turbo instead George)

As a bracket car it does what its supposed to, run consistant and reliably. That is what Georges build was intended to do, not intended to be a heads up racer.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:29 PM
Boost Engineer

If George could figure out how to fit TTB under the hood, he could make some serious Boost (Hot Air) really work for him with the methanol fuel George likes to run.

#18,638 posts plus the 5891 posts I lost a few years ago that you (in your vast wisdom) were not aware of TTB.
Funny, no one has even hear of you being involved in ANY boosted Twin Turbo engine project, Bill. Much less collect some "wood' for the knowledge.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:01 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Mike pick up a nice ET reduction after adding a BIG hood scoop and losing 200 lbs , 8'0's is flying. Im sure I will still be able to enter the KRE Q16 and the bracket races no matter what Mike runs, it also didn't stop me from racing in 2 races last week! By the way how's your racing going or have you just turned into a TEST & TUNE racer? LOL!!!

GTO George

GTO George

Old 06-27-2015, 11:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
Actually 3, small tires
4, Nut loose behind the wheel.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:41 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
Just might be!

I think a 14-71 might be better than overdriving the 8-71.(Think turbo instead George)

As a bracket car it does what its supposed to, run consistant and reliably. That is what Georges build was intended to do, not intended to be a heads up racer.

Yes Bruce 14-71 would make it quicker and turbos ARE boring, I'm very limited on how much BOOST I can run BUT like you said it is only a Bracket car. The Pro Gas class I've been running in the Nostalgia Races all use 8-71 (BIG Block Chevy's, BB Fords & some BB Mopars and they all seem to be light under 3,000 lbs) and Im running with them. I didn't build as a Dyno Queen or Test & Tune car like a couple on this PY board............I race it in Competition!!

GTO George

Old 06-28-2015, 11:05 AM
Boost Engineer

Yep, Turbos are boring. Full body 70 Camaro match racing (WITH TURBOS), and he isn't even close to the record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKuicpkm08I

And the dairy boys with their light aze rollerskate "Pontiac World Champion" dragster were how fast, George?

and this Twin Turbo Door car is 40 MPH faster than the dairy boys dragster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9rnDwrgpek

Tom V.

Old 06-28-2015, 04:09 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Yep, Turbos are boring. Full body 70 Camaro match racing (WITH TURBOS), and he isn't even close to the record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKuicpkm08I

And the dairy boys with their light aze rollerskate "Pontiac World Champion" dragster were how fast, George?

and this Twin Turbo Door car is 40 MPH faster than the dairy boys dragster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9rnDwrgpek

Tom V.

No wonder hardly anyone likes you you trash people who aren't even posting on this PY site!
Way to go TOM!

GTO George

Old 06-28-2015, 04:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

GTO George
Mike, did not just pic up from dropping 200# and a scoop. I hope you know better then that?

Also, I hope you dont think Im just a test and tune racer. it has taken a little longer then what I thought to get a handle on the suspension and getting the gearing and tune squared away nut I think we have that all squared away.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 06-28-2015, 04:56 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
No wonder hardly anyone likes you you trash people who aren't even posting on this PY site!
Way to go TOM!

GTO George
I have said it to their face too. So bite me George.

You are an old guy living in the 60s mindset who wants to remain there "as a racer" because you are comfortable with driving an low 8 second car. Just admit it. Most of the other Pontiac people have. Travis Q will be the first to tell you they are not competitive against a 275 MPH car today. Travis can at least admit that there are Other Cars that he tunes that are a lot faster vs the "fastest" pontiac guys as their "Banner Guy(s)".

I learned early on that the Pontiac GTO was not a Ford GT-40 or a Shelby Cobra.
They were World Class Racers.

So I bought a 64 GTO and kept it all these years. It is a piece of metal. We only have 10 cars (like mine) in the Registry out of the whole group of 64 GTO owners in the world.
BFD. It is a car I bought 50 years ago. I stopped living in the past a long time ago.

I can acknowledge that there are faster race cars today than any time in racing history.

Get over it Grandpa, put a rocking chair in your 74 Nova and go for a ride down the track. The Ford GTs I worked on could run 200 mph and be driven on the street.

So when I post up some current level race stuff and say that the current heroes are not Gods, don't get such a hard-on about someone telling the truth, even though you do not want to acknowledge it. Tired of your BS, your excuses, and your constant name calling.

Tom V.

ps You trash others constantly that are working hard to go quicker. Every year you talk big and at the end of the day still run the same times. Good for you that you still want to drive a race car, just lay off of the guys who are trying to do better than you, George, who post on the board too. Your name calling, Muppets, etc gets old. Shortly Mike L will be in the 7s, you will still be trying to figure it out because your Nostalgia EGO will not let you accept knowledge from others.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:16 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Mike, did not just pic up from dropping 200# and a scoop. I hope you know better then that?

Also, I hope you dont think Im just a test and tune racer. it has taken a little longer then what I thought to get a handle on the suspension and getting the gearing and tune squared away nut I think we have that all squared away.
Mikes running 8.0's which is flying...............but to say he didn't pick up at least 2-2.5 tenth from the weight and scoop is silly. When is your next race?

GTO George

Closed Thread