Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
If you use same dyno/operator and dyno has been maintained/calibrated it matters little what the actual numbers are... it will show changes... if previous hp numbers have always washed with track performance and correction factors there is no reason they shouldnt continue to do so.
This

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have looked at these pictures very close and I don't believe this motor has a sheetmetal intake or Dominator carbs. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Who gives a ***** what the dyno says on a nitrous engine. Run them at track and let the time slip do the talkin.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm421 View Post
I have looked at these pictures very close and I don't believe this motor has a sheetmetal intake or Dominator carbs. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Not bad for 4150's and ported cast intake is it?

Old 04-15-2015, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Who gives a ***** what the dyno says on a nitrous engine. Run them at track and let the time slip do the talkin.
This approach would be more effective.

But a lot less entertaining

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
This approach would be more effective.

But a lot less entertaining
Lol, you got me there

Old 04-15-2015, 10:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Now I think I know why you didn't post your HP numbers mike. WOW.

GT.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
How much do those "4150" flow?

Yea, I think I would have had someone make a better looking intake then that.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 04-15-2015, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
... that's great advice Brian, why haven't you given the same advice to Jack, considering all of his bloviating ?? ...

... feeling a little bias are we ?? ...

Old 04-15-2015, 10:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post

Didn't someone do that already and although it looked real good, performance wise there was no difference?

Turbo 535, CV 1 heads.

Built by Cerralli Competition Engines

Tenth Anniversary (Van Nuys) restored.
Tenth Anniversary Barn Find (Norwood)
Both 4 speeds!
Old 04-15-2015, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueghoast View Post
Now I think I know why you didn't post your HP numbers mike. WOW.

GT.
... i know right ... i guess the grass is only green on one side of the fence ...

Old 04-15-2015, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

... of course Jack, you mean a really expensive billet tunnel ram that only makes 1080hp right ?? ...

... I'll call Fulton and have him order one right away, that way it's a fair race ...

LMMFAO

Old 04-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankbook View Post
Didn't someone do that already and although it looked real good, performance wise there was no difference?
... ...

Old 04-15-2015, 10:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... i agree 100% ...

... just wait until Marcella's piece arrives ...

Old 04-15-2015, 11:04 PM
Senior Chief

Default When you are surrounded by good people, good things happen.

Well, the dust seems to have settled a bit, the ever predictable sophomoric attempts at humor have been thrown, and the egos of the self-appointed experts have once again flared up like hemorrhoids. The pompous, arrogant, condescending BS that flows over here, has a pronounced stifling effect on new ideas, new products and new members.

Just because some of you have had a little success, it apparently gives you license to trash others'
efforts and refer to them as "clueless". Get over yourselves!! There is always more to learn.

This motor is not some one-off, exotic dyno queen, designed to elevate some narcissistic artist on a pedestal. It was instead designed to lay the groundwork for future CV-1 customer builds. There are CAD files for everything that has been done to these heads and intake manifold, and therefore can be
duplicated at the push of a button. The idea here is to sell cylinder heads and manifolds - not to just pad someone's resume'.

I know some of you don't care for Mr. Bill. I think one of the reasons is that he didn't just roll over and
wet on himself when he and Roland Racing were under fire. While it is easy to hurl jeers and insults, the one defending himself usually comes off as the jerk. But when you are attacking a man's livelihood, what kind of response would you expect?

In spite of the circumstances, he most often responded in an articulate and knowledgeable manner. Some of you have ridiculed his multiple port designs for this head. Well, he is a head porter. That is what he does. He was not so much bragging on himself, but was excitedly trying to share the capabilities of this head. Not everyone shares that enthusiasm. I get that. But different engine combos require different ports. Duh!

As you know, Mr. Bill does all the port development at Sonny's. That didn't happen by accident. Sonny did not hire Bill to sand roll existing ports. He hired him to bring their program to the next level, and that is what is happening. Most of what he is working on - he can't even talk about. So stop kidding yourselves about his knowledge and abilities.

Bill not only did the port work on my heads and intake, but did the spec out on the cam, valves, springs, pistons, carbs and headers. There were a lot of CV-1 "firsts" in this build and therefore a lot of "unknowns". But if you have done your homework, the dyno should not yield any big surprises. Judging from the results, I'd say Mr. Bill hit it out of the park on his first try. Let's see ..... 4150 carbs, cast intake manifold, junk CV-1 heads, 13:1 compression and making nearly 1100 HP first time up?
Yep, that's a Home Run. Is there room for improvement? Of course there is - And now we have a proven launching pad.

Don't believe our dyno results? You don't have to. The car will back them up - always has, always will.

This was not a gamble for me. I had confirmed for myself the potential of the CV-1 heads in a previous test. This was just the next logical step up. The results are not only a validation of Jim Sammons' design, but a vindication as well. Yes the heads do work. Yes, they respond to port work in the right hands. Yes, the valve train is stable. And yes, the bang for the buck is simply untouchable by any other head and intake combination currently available.

We'll see you at the track,

Dick Fulton

P.S. It has been brought to my attention that Gach, the rumor whore, has leveled the accusation that I was given everything in this build. Nothing could be further from the truth. My wife will attest that my checkbook and credit cards are still smoldering. (She has been more than supportive, and will say all money spent on this venture has been well worth it). This shows once again, that when Gach can't handle the truth, he merely makes chit up. It is sad to witness the mindless drivel of a bitter, disillusioned old man who has failed at everything in life. We can only hope for a merciful demise, sooner than later.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm421 View Post
... you are not wrong, those are 4150 carbs and a ported cast tunnel ram ...

Old 04-15-2015, 11:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

How much can a 4150 flow??? Probably nowhere near what a 4500 based carb could.

Are 4500's and a sheetmetal intake needed??? Time will tell!

If your fuel curve and n2o can stay in sync does it matter as long as there arent limts set on amount you spray???

Old 04-16-2015, 12:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

All the drama of it all. This is great.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:04 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
How much can a 4150 flow??? Probably nowhere near what a 4500 based carb could.

Are 4500's and a sheetmetal intake needed??? Time will tell!

If your fuel curve and n2o can stay in sync does it matter as long as there arent limts set on amount you spray???
Those aren't 4150's. Those actually flow more and make more power than most reasonably sized dominators.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Uratchko View Post
Those aren't 4150's. Those actually flow more and make more power than most reasonably sized dominators.
Ahhh someone saw what I saw. Trying to pawn off those carbs off as "lowly" 4150 carbs.

Bruce, you need to spend more time at the track then at a keyboard. You might end up learning something that's useful.

My dominators are 1050 cfm dominators.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Closed Thread