Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Hope you have good luck with your head.

Was this Jack or Gary Cygan?

Hopefully they won't go bragging about them.
(or they'll be like the CVwhat crowd)

I was just going to post an ET slip after I got it ironed out.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LiL Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I would be real happy to hear your "facts".

They seem to differ from mine.

The "facts" As I know them are public record in District court back in that jurisdiction, but damn - why so touchy. I guess by your way of thinking We should be all over KRE for "copying" big chief heads from brodix or dart -

The point was that we are a small community and when **** goes down it spreads very fast -- Thats why I said -- LISTEN, RESEARCH, AND LEARN. Then make up your own mind.

And I find it funny that your facts differ from mine -- when I gave no specifics -- see how stuff gets started ???????

Old 12-30-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
I was just going to post an ET slip after I got it ironed out.
I like this guy^

Jack

Old 12-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Q View Post
I've been over this a million times, use the search function.

Boost is where it comes from. Problem is, when boost goes up, so do requirements in the cylinder head (that have NOTHING TO DO WITH FLOW).....

Current leader-of-the-pack turbo engines are at 65 psi, into 572 inches, at 9200 rpm.
65# -- Holy crap batman -- thanks Travis

Old 12-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to STALLION

When a company drags someone to court--based on the issues as I know them
Quote:
I would be real happy to hear your "facts".

They seem to differ from mine.

John, what facts do you know, the ones from KRE, again you are so brain washed.
The fact is that even though I had a few choice words for Scott Roberts in the beginning of knowing him and never meeting me, he had enough faith in me (that I was a good, honest guy) he would let me be the Arbitrator between him and KRE, even though I was a KRE camp car. 1 member of KRE said no to that, to my dismay.
So what are your facts, John ???
Maurice

Old 12-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
The "facts" As I know them are public record in District court back in that jurisdiction,
So you are saying that it is OK to spread lies about a company and have nothing come of it?

Sounds like trying to bring the company down to me?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 12-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Hope you have good luck with your head.

A customer wrote a check for the baddest set of heads he could bolt onto a Pontiac block, so that is what we made him.

Was this Jack or Gary Cygan?

Hopefully they won't go bragging about them.
(or they'll be like the CVwhat crowd)

John, what is wrong with putting down a check or cash for a set of badass heads. We all believe our heads are badasses and we all bragg about them.
I was at the Visner booth, and seen both heads there. I would have bought both sets if I had the money. They manufacture nice stuff, are nice guys and don't care who your friends are. Good business people.
I guess it would have been OK with you if Gary put down the check with KRE.
Maurice

Old 12-30-2013, 05:16 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
So you are saying that it is OK to spread lies about a company and have nothing come of it?

I am not speaking for Scott Roberts, not at all but him trying to bring down KRE, thats funny.
I would thing and believe he would have more important things to do like build a car with his son.
Give it a rest John.
Guys, I would think if we talk about the court case anymore the Mods will delete this thread.
Maurice

Old 12-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Suspended

Quote:

So who spread lies and what were said lies john? We can discuss anything you want right here. You keep bringing it up so lets just get it all out on the table. I'm game..no gag order here.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
So who spread lies and what were said lies john? We can discuss anything you want right here. You keep bringing it up so lets just get it all out on the table. I'm game..no gag order here.
Hey Scott, I hope what I said was OK with you.
I know I do not want or have to fight any of your battles but I just have a hard time with John BS.
I think I know some from both sides.
How are you doing?
Maurice

Old 12-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Suspended

Its all good Maurice! Been very busy with work. Keep waiting to hear you made a pass in that GTO of yours. I think everyone is tired of johns bs except john.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scott Roberts For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2013, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Wow -- You ready do twist stuff around -- AND prove a point, --- but Ill leave that alone.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
No Scott Rex?
Or at one time Jack Gaydosh?

I'd say Scott has done a lot for the Pontiac community.
Lil Jack? He hasn't done anything yet except buy a set of heads?
Other guys have bought as good of a set of heads, if possibly not better.

Jeff Kauffman's dragster not on there?

JCYou's head sounds like it's making going to make a ton of power?

Have you talked to Kauffman's about their Hemi head or going by the usual crap spewed on these boards?

This is probably the crux of the problem.

One listens to a few people and don't try to get the real facts or try the new products to see if they actually work.

So they spent $100,000 to make their HP, but you could do it for less using their engines?

If one of them spent $100,000 on our Pontiacs they could make Pontiac as fast?

I really doubt money buys all this HP.
Being dedicated to finding this HP is what drives most to do this.

If one doesn't take chances on doing things no one else has done, we'll always be 'stagnant'.

One can't listen to these guys that say this head won't run or why hasn't it ran a '7' yet.
Or if one is waiting for someone else to do the R&D and spend the money so they can just bolt it on, we'll stay 'stagnant'.

The Kauffman's provided probably the best head made for Pontiac, and because of some 'petty' things, a lot of people won't have anything to do with it.
That's being 'stagnant'.

The CV1 and probably CV2 heads were basically killed in infancy by these same 'petty' people.

Looks like the same for the RAV head of Lynn M.

Even though the Visner head is basically a knock off of the Warp6 hopefully it will get some builds.
(since the main complainers of the Warp6 won't have to complain about the Visner it probably will)

John,

You are certainly correct about Jeff's dragster and JCYou's recent engine, I had a brain fart and just plain forgot about those guys.

The others, not so much. I'm not talking about who has done the most for the Pontiac community, because that can be construed a number of different ways. i'm talking about who has taken the Pontiac engine itself and made design improvements or quantum leaps in the form of design changes.

Scott Rex, Langer, Kinsler, Welter, Curt G, me and Rod, Steve Dale and countless others may have made an impact on the community, but we haven't really changed the Pontiac engine in and of itself; we have all simply taken what was currently available and pushed the available parts to new levels. The ones I mentioned have really thought outside the box and made actual design changes and improvements to the original Pontiac design....look at what Eric did with the nitro-specific V head. Look at what Mellott and the Kauffmans have done with the Warp6 head and billet block....tons and tons of great changes there!! Look at what Mark has done on the NA front with a Warp 6 N/A application....something way outside the typical Pontiac NA Design. Same for LilJack!! This is what I'm talking about when I say "pushing it forward"....I'm in no way referring to spending a ton of money to go fast, I'm talking about the ones I mentioned being the ones to take the gigantic step to actually attempt to improve upon the original design, and not be content to work within those confines. The ones buying the cutting edge parts are the ones pushing the hobby forward, ultimately. And it all eventually trickles down to the rest of us. And I think the list is growing...I see the CV heads as being a great design that only require track time to solidify their position as a game changer.

I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting, and I apologize for that.....my point is not to make up some sort of "list", and it's certainly not to start a fight about who has done what and why some of us can't do more than we have. The point is to put out there my own perspective of what is holding the Pontiac racing community back, and compare the evolution of other platforms and powerplants to that of the Pontiac.

TQ

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Travis Q For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Oh and by the way, I did speak with the Kauffmans about the Hemi head some time back, and they were the ones who informed me that while the head showed some great promise, that in its original form it had a limitation on overlap and cam lobe design that was able to be used with the head. I wasn't trying to crap on the head or the Kauffmans, I am good friends with those guys, and have the utmost respect for them. They know that and I know that.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Suspended

What did the kre dragster do that was so great? What has merllot done?

Old 12-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Scott,
In my opinion, both of those examples have taken the design of the Pontiac engine (cylinder head and engine block, specifically) to a new level. Has it been problem free? Definitely not....there are still issues to work out for sure. It takes tons of time and many, many laps to figure out a brand new design. I applaud them for thinking outside the box, and wish them success in their efforts.

Again, my point isn't about what a person or group has done in terms of performance, but what they are doing to push the evolution of the Pontiac engine forward that matters most to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Travis Q For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Langer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

And again, I forgotten to mention someone....the Wenzler head and Tiger head design were also huge leaps forward for Pontiac cylinder head design.

It could be argued that if the Wenzler heads and intake were not brought to market, that we might all still be racing with RAIV heads LOL.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:57 PM
Suspended

Travis,

Thanks for your support and input on technical topics. I see no need for you to appease Langer with his ... post. No one on this board has nothing but postive vibes for John, BES and their accomplishments. And there's no one on this board giving anything but gradulations for their accomplishments.

We thank you for input and information you are willing to share without any BS regarding other camps, etc.

For the ... crowd, why don't you provide some input where it can help us without giving anything away that would comprise anything regarding your set up?

We all know your really good with your programs. Why not provide some positive input to the community and help us all go faster?

Again Travis, Thanks for you meaningful input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Q View Post
And again, I forgotten to mention someone....the Wenzler head and Tiger head design were also huge leaps forward for Pontiac cylinder head design.

It could be argued that if the Wenzler heads and intake were not brought to market, that we might all still be racing with RAIV heads LOL.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I must have missed something....