Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 09-29-2019, 11:06 PM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Some more tenth-mile test-running today, still no engine issues. A couple of seconds into the first run, I had to abort due to wheelspin. So on the second run I used less throttle, which prevented me from seeing the 8,000 RPM I had planned on.
That's it for this year. But I'm anxious to get to a landspeed track next season.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's great news Jack. Making enough power to smoke the tires down track is also a "good " problem to have. The car has now about 10+ successful full power runs on it? Sounds like it is ready to get on a longer circuit where it can get up some real speed. As complex and exotic as that engine is, it's great that the basic package is staying together well. My wife and I are planning to go to the salt flats for speed week next year. We can talk more about that if you feel the need to get that beauty on the salt.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:55 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
... the basic package is staying together well...
That's still true, amazingly! I spoiled my perfect record of coming home with the trailer deck dry and clean- had some oil spots on it this time. But still no breakage- simply had too much oil in the tank. I shouldn't have quickly made another pass without checking stuff. And I just now discovered that the tank had a tiny vent built into the top- which explains why the "overflow" oil didn't all go to the puke tank that I had plumbed into the top of the tank.