Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 10-14-2003, 08:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goatman:
Engo, I still don't beleive it. Perhaps you should stay on your side of the pond, where no one can see your car run. Even with the nitrous, you're not a challenge for me.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are not a challenge to anyone Goatman. As far as me concerns, I will not let myself down to your level.

Street ยด69 Firebird. 3800 lbs with driver. 455 with D-ports. 275x50 drag radials. Stock suspension. 11.24s@124.2mph (motor only)10.42s@130.3mph (+150hpNOS)

Old 10-14-2003, 08:41 AM

Bad Bird 68' - Look! when i got on here i wasn't try'n to make you mad, I just voiced my opinion. After see'n your tech sheet and pictures i think you have one of the best D-Port PONTIAC built and i'll bet it does have 620 HP on the Dyno you use....It a real nice piece of work...I really appreciate a nice look'n engine...and it looks like a $20,000 pro-stock D-Port Pontiac to me. Like I said before if you did this without spray then thats just "GREAT" - I'm still entitled to my opinion. My Questions: <I'm not be'n pick'y i just like answers,Thank You> #-1- How does this track you race on let you pass tech when you have two fuel lines run'n back BEHIND the engine! Thats a NP-NO in NHRA & IHRA!.....#-2- Your not going to like this! I/ve seen some sneaky nitrous systems back in the early 70's......Does that return fuel line off the regular really run back to the fuel cell? #-3-Why it looks sneaky is who would build a high dollar D-Port motor and put an RPM intake on it? IF YOU ARE LEGAL AND REALLY DID ALL THIS TO PROVE A POINT, WELL GREAT! I'll bet if you add up all the money you got in thoughs heads, you could have built a whole E-Head Motor. Do you bracket race or do you take your high dollar car out to the track just to try to pass it off as a fast street car......Just an ole fat-mans opinion. Joe

Old 10-14-2003, 08:55 AM

Badbird, what type of thermostat housing is that? Is that a adapter plate under it?

thanks,
Brinson

Old 10-14-2003, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Joe,
I did a topshot hidden in my air cleaner set up similar to 68's but I used a drop base. I had to insulate my fuel line all the way to the carb concealing my wiring, NOS and fuel lines which were plumbed to the solenoids inside of the air cleaner. By using the drop base you couldn't see anything that looked unusual. In 68's case everything is exposed, and very clean I might add. The fact that he is willing to let anyone check out his ride before he makes a pass is cool. It's what Pete McCarthy and Bill Foder and I have been saying all along. D-Ports can make a lot of power. You just have to know how to port them.

Old 10-14-2003, 09:27 AM
Senior Chief

Does running two fuel lines from the tank or electric pump to regulator give an extra second or two at the 1/4 mile because if it does I should do it to my car, or should I just get #16 fueline and hook it up to bg500 and then into #8 line at the carb.

Old 10-14-2003, 09:54 AM
On Vacation

Engo, if that were true, then you wouldn't be wasting time typing to me. Nice try though..

Why is it that every guy who doesn't "consider me a threat" wants to argue with me so bad? Why is it that every guy that wants to degrade my efforts has a slower car than me?

Seems to me it would be the other way around....

I'm like heaven, everybody wanna get to me.........

Old 10-14-2003, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey, Bruce...you too funny.

This thread has me thinking of all those times people said Jim Hand was full of ***** about his wagon's combo.

Here's my combo, for comparison:

.030" over 455 with 4.25" crank (467)
BME rods, Ross pistons
solid roller, "around" .630" lift, 272 intake @ .050" (I forgot the exhaust specs), 110-lda, installed at 106 int. c/l
ported 62's flowing "around" 250-cfm (I was told 248cfm on a 4.15" bore @ 28")
Torker-2, extrude-honed and port matched to heads
Holley 850 (reworked to reportedly flow 930)
1-7/8" headers
th400
10" TCI nitrous convertor
3.73 gears

3840 lbs. (per Norwalks' scales)

Ran a best of 10.30 @ 131 with a 1.46 60' at Norwalk on a 210-HP shot of nitrous. Combo was "fat" on the tuneup, showing color on some plugs as far up as 3 threads.

Has run a best of 10.12 @ 135 with a tire spinning 1.58 60' at Budd's Creek (MIR) which is a "sea level" track (got it on video). This was done with a 250-HP shot. Weather conditions on that run were 58 degrees and 97% humidity. Nitrous tuneup was still "fat".

All nitrous runs were made with 9 degrees of timing pulled out (for a total of 27 degrees).

Old 10-14-2003, 11:40 AM
On Vacation

Brian, your car is haulin'. Dude's cam package and doing your homework with the nitrous a fuel paid off big time. Nitrous is a funny thing. Sometimes a 250 shot is a 250 shot, sometimes its more.....sometimes its less. Know what I mean?

Anyway, goodness knows that a racer would NEVER lie about his combination, nor would an advertiser ever lie about one of his motors. Even when a 350ci Pontiac is running 9's......on pump gas.

That wasn't directed at anyone in particular, but everyone here knows what I mean.

All those JBP ads and what-not. Yeah, where are those cars anyway? Never seen them at Norwalk. Never heard about their absolutley mind blowing performance in any magazine...... Never seen them locally, that's for sure.

Why is that? If I were an engine builder and had D-port cars that made such power, I'd sure be trying to let folks know about it.

But, hey, maybe I'd just be trying to hard........

Old 10-14-2003, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Bud Lyons

Hey Bruce, I saw the car. Which part of there was "No NOS" don't you understand? Ya gonna come to Atco to see for yourself?

My Rig's a little old, but that don't mean she's slow.

Only two defining forces have ever offered their life for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
One for your soul; the other for your freedom
Old 10-14-2003, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This thread has me thinking of all those times people said Jim Hand was full of ***** about his wagon's combo. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And people wonder "wears gach"!...

I don't think he ever left!

1973 SD455 T/A
1979 S.E. T/A
http://community.webshots.com/album/16587603rOyvmFCiHs

Old 10-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would have been more thorough with my cam specs, but I misplaced the tech card and those were all I could remember. 'Dude definately knows his ***** when it comes to picking out nitrous cams. This combo is an absolute PIG without nitrous, but throw the juice to it and it really wakes up. The same night at Budd's Creek that it went 10.12 it ran a 11.47 @ 120 with a 1.71 60' on just the motor, which is a personal best "motor only" pass.

Old 10-14-2003, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've seen badbird's car up close and personal also at Ocean City. Didn't see any Nitrous on it. Beautiful car and street driven, and sounds mean as hell.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 10-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It kinda sounds like some of you don't think you can run in the 9's or 10's with D ports.

Old 10-14-2003, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Joe Zajack runs in the 9s with a full size 63 catalina on the throttle with 1963 D ports.

Old 10-14-2003, 03:55 PM
On Vacation

and a dual quad, and a "special" intake, and mondo compression......and......

Old 10-14-2003, 04:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Goatman, thats impressive, yes your a little faster but god damn 462, 14 - 1 , E-HEADS,WILSON manifold,EFI. I wouldnt be bragging about that.. Your combo should easily be in the 9's. Somethings obviously wrong with your combo.
JOE, Im not mad at all, i know what I got and thats all that matters. The fuel lines only go behind the head a little then under the heater core box then down the frame. I've raced at maplegrove raceway,PA(NHRA), englishtown new jersey(NHRA),cecil county dragway(IHRA). seems like no problem to me.
NO, the return line runs back to "MY FACTORY FUEL TANK" with a sump welded in the bottom.
YES, I stuffed big cheater solenoids under my "non drop air cleaner". So clean I can even see it myself!!!!!
I've already said before the heads were ported I ran the RPM intake on my small cammmed hyd. flat tappet motor and was running 10.90's 11.0s at 120 - 121 mph, SO I figured Id try it then go to something else this winter. I talked to butler and he told me the victor flows to much air for my d-ports, warrior is too expensive, and torker II wouldnt make much of a difference.
I have about 900.00 in port work then new valves, and set up for roller cam. I couldnt even buy a good set up e-heads set up for my motor for that price, let alone a e-headed motor. I dont know where you guys come from but you can call places and get prices on port work..
Yes, I bracket race at cecil every 1st sat of the month. I drive it on the street to shows and down town where I live to street race. Im glad its not steetable though...
Brinson, a buddy of mine made it for me, but I think CSI is coming out with one soon or maybe already have.
Goatman, Barry Fritz is a good friend of mine and his motor was built by butler. I've seen it go the best of 10.0s, trans took a **** and now its going 10teens and 10.20's with new trans. It does have a bigger cam and warrior and a dominator.
Did you see the pics of my full interior, but thats not possible either is it??

68 Firebird 468
#16 D-Ports w RPM intake
10.41 # 130.53
3.55 Gears
Street Car

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 10-14-2003, 04:56 PM

Badbird68-- Ok -I just want to you do have a first class car! and it's still my option if i believe you or not! Now after 95 post and 2325 views i guess i;ll stop pick'n on you so maybe we can get back to basics....By the way, when you do add the 150 shot of nitrous please let us know how much MPH you pick up!<If any> In the long run this was nice because it got the PONTIAC BLUE BLOOD RUNN'N.........Sincerely Joe Allan

Old 10-14-2003, 05:01 PM
On Vacation

So, does that mean you're coming up to straighten out my car? Free paid vaction for a tuning guru such as yourself I guess......

I'll bring my waders, you bring your laptop. That's a home comptuer without the home, just in case you were wondering. Kinda like an indoor outhouse.......

Old 10-14-2003, 05:01 PM

Guys - Its hard to type in English when you Black Irish!!!!! Joe

Old 10-14-2003, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Joe, thats cool, no hard feelings. When I get the kit on I will let you know how things go, if not this year it will be installed over the winter and be ready early next year.
Goatman, I have 3 buddies that all run speed pro (FAST). One is a low 9 sec 87 firebird with a F1R procharger, the second is an 88 firebird with a YS trim, third is 91 camaro with 200 shot nos, all of which I've seen and have helped tune on. Im not saying Im a fuel injected master but I know more than you think. Both of the blower cars were tuned on a chassis dyno and we all learned alot from that. Yes I do know fuel injection and what a laptop is.. Sorry Im no dummy so take your bull**** and go mess with someone else, Im done with ever posting anything about you again.

68 Firebird 468
#16 D-Ports w RPM intake
10.41 # 130.53
3.55 Gears
Street Car

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing