Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 02-24-2004, 06:37 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:

"I guess I have to point stuff out to the old guys again...

In 2003 George can make that same 8 sec pass 25 times in a weekend. Arnie would be lucky to get two or three. Little more smack.

Just as impressive as any "show and tell" car!"

A little more smack, Rob.

It used to be a challenge for the normal family to make a 150 mile trip due to the poor tires, poor chassis, etc but people did it. Same deal
with Arnie running low 8s.

Today, ANYONE can get into a modern car and go on
a 150 mile trip and never stress the engine or the tires. So what is the big deal when George
can run low 8s with a massive tire, a BIG engine,
a large Supercharger, etc. The package is really no where near its potential and George admits he is dialing it back to save his parts. So George is a "Driver" who wants a mild, durabile, bracket
racing combination where he can make pass after pass after pass, (like Jim Brady's dragster).
George was giving Jim ***** about how he should put a real engine in his dragster from the boys
at Kauffman's. Why would Jim want to have a engine
with parts from a company that is slower than the Butlers? Cheap shot at the Butlers, George. Still
pissed that the Rodney went to Travis's wedding
vs bring the car to Norwalk for your spanking?

(Actually I know that George would never have a chance against the Butler's because as soon as George opened his mouth his speed brake would operate.)

How am I doing Ray!

Can't wait to her George's responses to these
"insults"

Rob, I did talk to Travis yesterday and he said
that they had data on the cometic head gaskets up
to 45 psi boost on some "4 bolt pattern" Ford
blower engines and the gasket worked great.

I will be passing on this info to the community.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well PY guys, I guess we should just give up and cross over to the fast stuff. Now we have a guy who makes his living building mostly Pontiacs and even he says give it up. I guess we should just stick with our 041 cammed 455 street engines and forget about. PY also stands for "park yours"? Why don"t we separate the race forum into 2 more categories: heads up and hang your head?

fasteddy

Old 02-24-2004, 07:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Vaught:
Quote:

"I guess I have to point stuff out to the old guys again...

In 2003 George can make that same 8 sec pass 25 times in a weekend. Arnie would be lucky to get two or three. Little more smack.

Just as impressive as any "show and tell" car!"

A little more smack, Rob.

It used to be a challenge for the normal family to make a 150 mile trip due to the poor tires, poor chassis, etc but people did it. Same deal
with Arnie running low 8s.

Today, ANYONE can get into a modern car and go on
a 150 mile trip and never stress the engine or the tires. So what is the big deal when George
can run low 8s with a massive tire, a BIG engine,
a large Supercharger, etc. The package is really no where near its potential and George admits he is dialing it back to save his parts. So George is a "Driver" who wants a mild, durabile, bracket
racing combination where he can make pass after pass after pass, (like Jim Brady's dragster).
George was giving Jim ***** about how he should put a real engine in his dragster from the boys
at Kauffman's. Why would Jim want to have a engine
with parts from a company that is slower than the Butlers? Cheap shot at the Butlers, George. Still
pissed that the Rodney went to Travis's wedding
vs bring the car to Norwalk for your spanking?

(Actually I know that George would never have a chance against the Butler's because as soon as George opened his mouth his speed brake would operate.)

How am I doing Ray!

Can't wait to her George's responses to these
"insults"

Rob, I did talk to Travis yesterday and he said
that they had data on the cometic head gaskets up
to 45 psi boost on some "4 bolt pattern" Ford
blower engines and the gasket worked great.

I will be passing on this info to the community.

Tom V.

http://kurtsplates.homestead.com/files/UR2SLO.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
DOPH!

Come on George your getting slammed here
George theres three heads up races in mich with Pro and Nsca will your car fit any of the classes ? we need some more pontiacs there.
That goes for everyboby else too butler,Spotts & Kaufmans included if you guys are the big Dogs Where Ya at?????
How da ya like me now Tom?

T-Shirts For Sale "Dude Free In 2003"
OLD COMBO 8.90 @157 mph 3424 LBS. 77 Trans Am All Steel, on 10" tires
New COMBO 8.79 @ 161 mph 1.42 60 ft 3,455lbs

Mat it! Spray it! Chute it! Just another 8 Second Pass!
Old 02-24-2004, 07:09 AM
On Vacation

You build a Pontiac because you want to.

If you want to be competitive in something other than bracket racing you either need to wait for the few people actually making new technology to finish and sell enough to make it affordable (should be about 30 years), or have very deep pockets.

These are the facts boys and girls.

Fast Ed, let me ask you a question:

Would you rather know up front what the general limitations are or have them hidden from you by a bunch of dreamers?

I know I'd wanty to go into something with my eyes open........ Perhaps that's why I'm not considered a "hard core" Pontiac guy. I like knowing the facts....

PY's first and ONLY real, live celebrity. If you don't know, you better ask somebody!

Old 02-24-2004, 07:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fasteddy:
Well PY guys, I guess we should just give up and cross over to the fast stuff. Now we have a guy who makes his living building mostly Pontiacs and even he says give it up. I guess we should just stick with our 041 cammed 455 street engines and forget about. PY also stands for "park yours"? Why don"t we separate the race forum into 2 more categories: heads up and hang your head?

fasteddy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Steve Just cause Ken Cant Hang dont mean we have to fold he was a dig dog in the day, now hes just an old dog on the fence

Old 02-24-2004, 07:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The Butlers have the lead by a thread.

KRE had more engine last year in both of their power adder cars! Only a matter of time.

See I told you about the cometics, told KRE and Butler too. Keep setting people up and they just don't listen.

-Rob

Old 02-24-2004, 07:13 AM
On Vacation

George is getting slammed here because he picks his arguments very poorly.

PY's first and ONLY real, live celebrity. If you don't know, you better ask somebody!

Old 02-24-2004, 07:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I can see my car next year already new tube chassi , two more stages on some big tires,
MAT IT, SPRAY IT, CHUTE IT, JUST ANOTHER ....... SECOND PASS..

Old 02-24-2004, 07:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I do think we need to organize the heavies like Ray, Dude, Bruce, Scott, Bill, Rodney, Jack, George,...(if I missed ya try to run faster next time -keeping with the smack talk theme) and have everybody crash a outside the "Super Pontiac Day" races.

-Rob

Old 02-24-2004, 07:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Only 5 1/2 months to norwalk

Old 02-24-2004, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bruce, I like to know facts. It takes dreaming to separate facts from fiction. Ideas are dreamed up and inventions become fact in any endeavor. Look at how people have dreamed up new things for our sport--NOS, Blowers, Suspension improvements, cam profiles, big flowing heads and on and on. I will consider the facts but I do not have to be content with the status quo. One fact I do hold as true: There is always someone faster and they will find you--it keeps you dreaming.

fasteddy

Old 02-24-2004, 08:30 AM
Senior Chief

sorry for the double post

Old 02-24-2004, 08:33 AM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by j brady:
I just love to be all suited up in the staging lanes and hear a Big BOOM followed by a long delay for a major cleanup! This seams to happen at most Pontiac events with the nitrous guys.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 02-24-2004, 08:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't forget Ed (with the Orange Firebird) jumped the fence to run Chevies.

Didn't Jack race Chevies for a year or 2 after losing a bunch of Pontiac engines bracket racing.
Inquiring minds want to know. LOL.

Tom V. GTO George runs mid 8's, not low 8's.
Low 8's is in the teens and 20's.

He also needs to change his saying.

Heading back to the nine's LOL.

Build it fast, build it right, build a Pontiac.

http://PontiacDude.cc

Old 02-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by j brady:
I just love to be all suited up in the staging lanes and hear a Big BOOM followed by a long delay for a major cleanup! This seams to happen at most Pontiac events with the nitrous guys.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>[/QUOTE]

Bwahahahaha, not me dude. LOL.

Build it fast, build it right, build a Pontiac.

http://PontiacDude.cc

Old 02-24-2004, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I just love to be all suited up in the staging lanes and hear a Big BOOM followed by a long delay for a major cleanup! This seams to happen at most Pontiac events with the nitrous guys.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
NOt me either, never even burrned a plug tip yet my only boom was a drive shaft yoke

Old 02-24-2004, 09:13 AM
On Vacation

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fasteddy:
Bruce, I like to know facts. It takes dreaming to separate facts from fiction. Ideas are dreamed up and inventions become fact in any endeavor. Look at how people have dreamed up new things for our sport--NOS, Blowers, Suspension improvements, cam profiles, big flowing heads and on and on. I will consider the facts but I do not have to be content with the status quo. One fact I do hold as true: There is always someone faster and they will find you--it keeps you dreaming. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's great Ed, I hear you, however, how you gonna solve the oiling problem and the head situation? If you use the same block, there isn't much more to do.

PS If Pontiac guys were the only ones developing parts, we'd still be paying $800 for stock 455's and $2000 for SD blocks because there wouldn't be a block, or heads, or anything else. Only reason we have any of it is because the Chevy and Ford guys did it first.

I'm not saying be content, I'm saying keep it real. And mostly saying it to George, who has a sever denial problem.

Old 02-24-2004, 09:38 AM
Suspended

Hey, wait I'll make it easier to step on me I'll just lay down. Damn........... talk about smack talk. I don't think I have enough time to comment on everything (I'll try)!

Tom & Goatman,
You guys are really good at comparing Apples to Oranges. Goatman how can you compare a 500 inch Pontiac to a twin turbo 360 inch? Tom comparing my Bracket car to a Blown nitro funny car, What a Putts? You guys would make great Politicians!

Tom,
I was a Ford guy once late 60's early 70's (Don Nicholson, Eddie Schartman, Dick Loer, Pete Robinson & Connie Kalitta) those were my hero's. They were great (Ford) racers...................... but I grew up.

Goatman,
I don't pick my arguments if somebody says something stupid I jump in (maybe that's why I'm always arguing with you & Tom). Last year I traveled to 5 states to race, only 2 were for Pontiac races.

Tom,
I never said I had a BUDDY's that run Pro-Mod. All my friends Bracket race in one form or another. Was just trying to reminding you that a small block Ford isn't the quickest thing around with one power adder.

Dude,
I never said my car was a Balls out world record holder it's a Bracket car..............small heads, small cam. As for running a blower in Bracket racing I like to be different If I wanted to be like everyone else I would have a small block Chevy. Try it some time (running a blower and being consistent) I've been doing it since 1985. The reason nobody does it is because they think it won't be consistent enough (I've proved that wrong). The funny thing about it is everyone tells me to take the blower off (while they are fixing their car because their car is broke) my car just keeps on going and going and going. It's like the Eveready Bunny! remember a race car is no good if it's broke......................Maybe I do know something!

Running 8's is still flying in my book. Go to a big bracket race and only 1/4 of the cars run in the 8's (you actually have to get out of the Lazy Boy chair). Not everyone can do it, there were over 400 race cars at Norwalk how many door cars ran in the 8's? Light car? Compared to who's? The first 4 guys in the Quick 16 weighed 2450 or less. My friends 572 cubed 8.50 Ford and 555 cubed 8.50 Chevy they weigh less than 2450 lbs...............I wish my car only weighed 2450!

How in the heck did me and Butles twin turbo get compared? I'm confused on that one. That's like comparing Ray & Dudes race cars to Pro- Mods. Wait...........Ray & Dudes (Nitrous 500+ cubed) cars run 8 something or other a Nitrous Pro-Mod.........low 6's. I'm closer to Butlers 6.90's then you guys are to Shannon Jenkins (Chevy 500 + cubed Nitrous) Pro Mod at 6.20's.

Butlers better look over their shoulder because a certain Blown Firebird (powered by an KRE engine) just may pass them by this year!

Ok I think that covers everything!

Headed for the seven's!

Old 02-24-2004, 09:49 AM
Senior Chief

BOOM !

Old 02-24-2004, 09:53 AM

these are the days of our lives!

PHS Documented "REAL JUDGE"
12.43 @ 112.24 on street tires, through the mufflers and a 4 speed!!