Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Carb weird stuff

I have a Pro-systems 1100cfm Dominator on my junk.....It was throwing fuel down the boosters so, some for a rebuild kit....Cleaned her up, blew it out changed gaskets, needle and seats etc...I even threw some new site glass plugs in.....Started the pump, fuel through the air horn....tap the bowls and leak stops...adjust the bowl levels...about 25% in the glass on the front and a little higher in the back....adjust the regulator pressure..everything looks good.....shut her sown and go in the house...a couple of hours later come out and I can smell gas...check for where it is coming from and the sides and the intake is wet....look closer and site plugs are blown out and bits of plastic on the intake....small section still in place on each bowl, so it was only weeping...anyway....replaced them with new ones and I am waiting to see if it repeats....no pressure on sytem..engine has not been run...93 octane (it is last falls fuel but smells ok....put some in the lawn more and it ran like a champ, so I dont think it is the fuel.....The plugs were Holly

Kind of mystified..waiting for a repeat

Old 05-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

WOW !! I've never seen or even heard of that happening. Hope someone can post a reason why that happened.
Strange.

Jim

65 Catalina sedan. Allen Thomas Performance 495. KRE Heads at 310cfm ported by SD Performance, ProSystems Dominator carb on ported Victor intake, P-Dude custom grind hydraulic roller, MSD ignition, 3.50 Moser/Ford rear. F-Glass front bumper by son Rob, rear by the old man and joint effort for trunk lid. 3950# w/driver. Best of 9.5761/139 on 175 shot, 6.01 /114 in 1/8.