Old 08-29-2021, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 78 w/ 493 Cruise Control

Picked up a complete nOS 1978 Cruise Control kit for a 1978 W/403. Even comes with prints to install.
The large vac diaphragm alone has got to be hard to find. Has everything in the box to install
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8C8097D5-59EB-4AE2-9167-440340745B4B.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	572128  

Old 09-29-2021, 09:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nice.....There is just something about NOS 70's TA parts

Old 09-30-2021, 02:37 AM

How the heck do y'all source these things?? I've only ever scoured eBay for NOS parts, but usually you'll find only the basics...

Old 09-30-2021, 08:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I saw it at the Firebird show in Dayton. It wasn’t cheap as the kit. I thought about buying it over the weekend, the guy still had it Sunday. So I had to get it.
I kept the spedo cables, and the servo. You can’t find GM spedo cables anymore. I was surprised no one snatched up the parts. Just the turn sig lever for the cruise is hard to find in GM. That diaphragm for the 403 has gotta be a biotch to find. The prints are nice, 10 pages, shows every detail. There’s even a plastic channel that goes in the col to protect the wires.
I have the bag of all the small parts left the intake vac port is Olds too.

Last edited by burd; 09-30-2021 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-01-2021, 02:57 AM
Suspended

Copies of the paperwork may be useful for those reassembling their own but don't need parts, if different from general Parts manual info.

Old 10-01-2021, 08:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by burd View Post
I saw it at the Firebird show in Dayton. It wasn’t cheap as the kit. I thought about buying it over the weekend, the guy still had it Sunday. So I had to get it.
I kept the spedo cables, and the servo. You can’t find GM spedo cables anymore. I was surprised no one snatched up the parts. Just the turn sig lever for the cruise is hard to find in GM. That diaphragm for the 403 has gotta be a biotch to find. The prints are nice, 10 pages, shows every detail. There’s even a plastic channel that goes in the col to protect the wires.
I have the bag of all the small parts left the intake vac port is Olds too.
I think the market for this type of think has really dwindled in the past 10 or 15 years......The new younger breed of 2nd gen TA owners seem more interested in chinese fuel injection,.....tubular control arm..... and blue chip radios..

Old 10-01-2021, 04:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This kit was from a Olds dealer GM forced to close, they would t let them go Buick, so the parts were taken home. They are selling all the parts, I’m not Olds, but I’m going to put a call In To see what else the guys has. Selling nOS on this forum is hard, most want real cheap or free.

Old 10-01-2021, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus78Formula View Post
Copies of the paperwork may be useful for those reassembling their own but don't need parts, if different from general Parts manual info.

Yes, it shows every part down to the nut, I’m going to copy the orig crispy pages and make a small binder for sale.