Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 02-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Senior Chief

Default header gaskets?

Has anyone tried the Percy's XX Carbon header gaskets? Are they good stuff? They sure make them sound good and they have a very good price at $15 a set.

I need some new gaskets. I've tried the paper ones and they crack and eventually leak. I've tried the felpro 1424 and they stick to the mounting surfaces and are a huge pain to clean up. I was thinking about trying the copper gaskets, but I don't see how they can seal very well and the price!!!

Old 02-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Suspended

having the gaskets stick and seal is a good thing. Why are you removing them. once the header is on and not leaking, they do not need to be replaced. read earlier post on gaskets in this section.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Senior Chief

Sealing is a good thing. Sticking is definately not a good thing! I did a search through the entire forum before I posted my topic. The only info I could find on the Percy's XX gaskets was where a couple other users planned to use them. But they did not post back with their results. Thus I posted my topic!

Old 02-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have not tried the xx carbon but have used the blowproof metal ones, seal good and gaurenteed not to blow out. reusable. had header off 2 times with no difficulties, using the same orignal gasket. mind u they are expensive, but worth it as far as I am concerned.