THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-06-2022, 08:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

NUC, no disrespect meant, but that is a typical millenial attitude. 'I cant make enough money'.
I started working construction for my father at 14 years old. I have spent more than my fair amount of time literally shoveling dirt mud, trash, slinging heavy boards, brick block you name it. Sweaty my A-- off in the summer freezing it in the winter. I was (am) wore out at the end of the day and too tired to ever think about going to a gym. I would say I am average intelligence but 'not smart enough' to go to college. Boy I wish I had now!! I have a very nice home and a couple of classic cars, but I can guarantee that nothing has ever been given to me, but has come from many years of hard work. Now im pushing 60 and still have to get up every morning and get ready for another day of hammer slinging. My goal in life to achieve what I dont have is to work harder. May not be the right way but its how I was taught. I cant find anyone under 30 that could work a day beside me, let alone one that wants to. They all want to start at the top of the heap making the 'big bucks'.
Sorry, Rant over,
and no, I cant afford one of these silly cars either.

Old 07-06-2022, 10:10 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to 1968firebird455

I love how people say millennials don't care about classic cars. I have owned dozens of them over the past 15 years. I have a group of Gen Zr's that bring cars in that are dumping big money into them. The thing with these kit cars is for $150k for a depreciating underperforming asset is for the very wealthy who can take the hit and not feel it. For that price I would but a C7 ZR1 or a C8 ZO6, a couple blackwings, porche, used Ferrari.

Old 07-06-2022, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
NUC, no disrespect meant, but that is a typical millenial attitude. 'I cant make enough money'.
I started working construction for my father at 14 years old. I have spent more than my fair amount of time literally shoveling dirt mud, trash, slinging heavy boards, brick block you name it. Sweaty my A-- off in the summer freezing it in the winter. I was (am) wore out at the end of the day and too tired to ever think about going to a gym. I would say I am average intelligence but 'not smart enough' to go to college. Boy I wish I had now!! I have a very nice home and a couple of classic cars, but I can guarantee that nothing has ever been given to me, but has come from many years of hard work. Now im pushing 60 and still have to get up every morning and get ready for another day of hammer slinging. My goal in life to achieve what I dont have is to work harder. May not be the right way but its how I was taught. I cant find anyone under 30 that could work a day beside me, let alone one that wants to. They all want to start at the top of the heap making the 'big bucks'.
Sorry, Rant over,
and no, I cant afford one of these silly cars either.
That's props to you, man. That's blood, sweat, and tears. And I'm sure you've earned every single cent you make.

I may not sweat at work, but I have a lot of responsibility. I'm a Paramedic - my job is to see people in the worst moments of their lives and have to be their lifeline, their therapist, their mentor, and their teacher all in the span of up to an hour while they can potentially be dying if the complaint is high enough acuity. And I have the ability to consciously decide at my own discretion to administer controlled substances to patients without a doctor's order. Medications, that if given in the slightest excess can kill somebody.

You know how much I make, in Miami, where the average rent is $1800 a month and the average home is $450,000?

22.00 an hour. So I have to work a couple overtime shifts a week pulling 60 hour work weeks just to make ends meet. The reason I pull off the gym is because just personal perseverance... I get barely any sleep, let alone time to even drive my Trans Am.

This job requires higher education, and I'm making $7.00/hr above a Target sales associate.

I know better days lie ahead, I just finished nursing school.. which I did full time, WHILE working overnights full time. Now that I finished that, I'm back to doing these 60 hour work weeks.

We have a common misconception of being lazy and entitled. We are not. We can't afford to be. The statistics and the facts point to things being more attainable and cheaper in the past than they are now, and we are stuck dealing with that.

Old 07-06-2022, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The 70 Chevelle looks more like the original from back then. More so than the Camaro does or ever could. The Firebirds aren't all that bad considering what they have to work with.

So, with that said, I would take the Chevelle.... if I had the money.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 07-07-2022, 02:56 PM

The blue TA is kinda nice,.... but when I look at them all I see is camaro.