Old 03-13-2016, 12:40 PM

Default bluetooth enabled AM radio

I successfully added bluetooth to this 1971 Firebird AM radio.
It's a cost effective alternative to the expensive radio swaps out there. Your radio retains all of its original circuitry and works normally when the bluetooth is turned off. It basically turns any AM radio into an AM FM allowing the user to play music services like spotify,sirius, or pandora. I use mine to play IHEART radio. IHEART is a free app that streams music from over 150 fm stations nationwide. Spotify and Pandora are subscription based but they do stream for free but you have to put up with commercials. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Q0...m-upload_owner

Old 03-13-2016, 02:09 PM

I should add that this works by adding the music app of your choice to your smartphone and streaming your music selection to your bluetooth enabled radio mounted in the dash. I developed my own bluetooth receiver circuit and mated it to this radio under the cover. I have a background in analog electronics printed circuit board layout and radios.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:31 PM
Senior Chief

This sounds like great option for me that seldom listen to radio. I often use Spotify to stream music to a head unit hidden in the glove box.
Please, tell me more about it. Is the parts needed expensive and is it very difficult to do the bluetooth add?
How much would it cost to do, if you'd do it?

66 Bonneville 4-door Hardtop - Sold - But it has its own thread here

66 Bonneville Wagon - Sold

63 Grand Prix - Sold
Old 05-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I love this idea and what you have accomplished, and would appreciate more details. Sounds like a business opportunity.

Congratulations on your curiousity and success.