Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 06-02-2022, 02:07 PM

Default Ames Service

Jusr received my 4th order from Ames for my 65 GTO. Have to admit it is very refreshing to see actual customer service as opposed to what we get at places in Canada. They work with you and are always friendly. Here you get the feeling the sales people are more concerned with surfing the net and you should be happy they even talk to you. All parts I have received are as advertised and packaged well. Just sent in another order today. Thanks Ames.

The Following User Says Thank You to blackadder For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2022, 01:10 PM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
Jusr received my 4th order from Ames for my 65 GTO. Have to admit it is very refreshing to see actual customer service as opposed to what we get at places in Canada. They work with you and are always friendly. Here you get the feeling the sales people are more concerned with surfing the net and you should be happy they even talk to you. All parts I have received are as advertised and packaged well. Just sent in another order today. Thanks Ames.
We appreciate the feedback very much! Customer service has always been paramount to us; it's great to hear our sales people are meeting expectations and then some. Thank you for your business and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Kyler @ Ames

Old 07-02-2022, 12:17 PM

AMES really does a great job and as mentioned in another comment, the parts that ship, are as advertised. Customer service also deserves a shout out because they actually work with you, listen and try to help. Thumbs up to them.

Old 12-19-2022, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I will preface by saying I love Ames, and their products. I hardly even look elsewhere when part shopping. However, I recently placed an order on Dec 14. I placed another order with a generic parts company at the same time. I got an email from the other company within half an hour saying 'thank you your order has been processed thingy! Later that evening I got another email saying 'your order has been shipped'. In all fairness it said it was supposed to be delivered on dec 17 but I tracking says it has been delayed. On dec 15 Ames said my order was received and as of this morning I have heard nothing about it being shipped etc. I am in no hurry but according to the catalog I am in the 3 day shipping window. That is fine if the order is processed promptly, however this seems to by typical for me when ordering from Ames. It usually takes about a week. Just my thoughts.

Old 12-19-2022, 09:35 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
I will preface by saying I love Ames, and their products. I hardly even look elsewhere when part shopping. However, I recently placed an order on Dec 14. I placed another order with a generic parts company at the same time. I got an email from the other company within half an hour saying 'thank you your order has been processed thingy! Later that evening I got another email saying 'your order has been shipped'. In all fairness it said it was supposed to be delivered on dec 17 but I tracking says it has been delayed. On dec 15 Ames said my order was received and as of this morning I have heard nothing about it being shipped etc. I am in no hurry but according to the catalog I am in the 3 day shipping window. That is fine if the order is processed promptly, however this seems to by typical for me when ordering from Ames. It usually takes about a week. Just my thoughts.
TAKerry, it seems there might be an email issue. If you received confirmation that the order was placed on 12/15, it would've been shipped either that day or Friday as long as the items were in stock and there was no underlying issue (payment, shipping address, etc.). Sometimes the UPS or USPS server may not function properly as far as the initial tracking email is concerned, these emails tend to go in the junk/spam folder quite often as well. If no shipment confirmation is provided promptly, please feel free to give us a call and we can get you updates as well as the tracking information. Can you provide the order number?

Thank you,
Kyler @ Ames

Old 12-20-2022, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I still have no confirmation other than the original email. No package yet. I will give it a couple of days before I call. I figure with the holiday mail is a bit slow anyhow. Just an FYI the other package that was 'shipped promptly' was supposed to arrive on Sat the 17th. The latest tracking says 'shipping delayed by usps'.

The Following User Says Thank You to TAKerry For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2022, 04:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Parts showed up today!

Thank You, sorry for the rant!!

The Following User Says Thank You to TAKerry For This Useful Post: