THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-25-2022, 11:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Went to Senior Center for Doowoop group,The Belairs.

Went to Greensburg senior center. Seems strange I'm saying im a senior73-4. Anyway I was there for lunch and the group. We said prayers before we ate and the Pledge of Allegiance. Very nice. Someone said someone else complained about these actions all of us said either leave or sit quietly!! The group was a local group called the Belairs. They had us all singing and dancing to the 50s and early 60s music. Almost 2 hrs. Really nice men.

Old 04-25-2022, 01:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That's awesome.

I'm considering doing a bi-weekly solo gig at my mother's nursing facility to give them a little brightness in their otherwise solitary existence. IMHO...this country does not do enough for their seniors, especially when considering the mountains of programs available for children. Lack of respect for their contributions and needs.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 04-25-2022, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

SD Bob, that sounds nice. Glad you had a good time. I know what you mean by senior though, I am a bit younger than you but still cannont accept that I can get senior discounts at McDs, BK and the such, LOL. My son is active on a guitar forum and he speaks of a guy on there that does regular gigs at his local senior center. Need more people doing that kind of thing.