Old 03-05-2017, 01:59 PM
Senior Chief

Default Replacing 66 Steering Column?

Is switching from a 66 to a 67 column a straight swap or are there differences? I'm looking to switch to a collapsible column while I have it out, I'd like to use an original 67 if possible. Thanks!

Old 03-06-2017, 06:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Kevin,
I don't have a '67 to compare but I seem to recall the column is slightly larger in Dia. so you might want to check on that.
If it is, then you would likely need the under-dash support bracket and all the hardware to go with it.
Of course you'll also have a a flasher button on the '67 that is not used on '66.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:58 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks for the info Jeff!

Old 03-07-2017, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would no consider it a straight swap. It is a larger diameter at the steering wheel. I don't recollect if the half moon connector directly connects with the 66 dash harness as the column has the button for integrated hazards. The '67 dash does not use the column fascia as a '66 does. I suspect it is because the fasica won't fit around the column. There are probably a few other things, but I'm sure someone who as done it recently can identify other hiccups.