THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-13-2023, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Stay Hydrated

Make sure you all keep hydrated.

We all need fluids to stay healthy and to do what we do each day.

Warmer months ahead.

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepontiacman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2023, 02:05 AM
Senior Chief

Yes, I regularly drive over to Germnay to buy a couple of cases of krombacher, bitburger or even becks.. All much nicer compared to the lager we have here. I stay well hydrated or did you mean drinking water

Old 05-14-2023, 02:21 AM

Wink

The Following User Says Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2023, 08:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Drink Glacier Water

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 05-14-2023, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

FWIW, one of the holistic doctors (Eric Berg) that post videos on You Tube that I recently watched. He says the carbonated water is better for the body than just pure water. He says that the cells in the body make better use of the CO2 in water than just plain tap, or spring water. The CO2 in cells can also help to ward off cancer cell production. It may also promote better digestion.

I have been drinking carbonated lightly flavored, naturally flavored water from Kroger for the last 10 or so years, so it was good news to me......... I was doing the right thing, and never even knew I was......LOL

I always have some in the fridge, and drink about 3-4 liters a day.

Link to Dr. Berg talking about the benefits of carbonated water:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XspP7Cbw4fA&t=13s

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2023, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mainly meant whatever keeps you hydrated.

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Old 05-14-2023, 12:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
FWIW, one of the holistic doctors (Eric Berg) that post videos on You Tube that I recently watched. He says the carbonated water is better for the body than just pure water. He says that the cells in the body make better use of the CO2 in water than just plain tap, or spring water. The CO2 in cells can also help to ward off cancer cell production. It may also promote better digestion.

I have been drinking carbonated lightly flavored, naturally flavored water from Kroger for the last 10 or so years, so it was good news to me......... I was doing the right thing, and never even knew I was......LOL

I always have some in the fridge, and drink about 3-4 liters a day.

Link to Dr. Berg talking about the benefits of carbonated water:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XspP7Cbw4fA&t=13s
We've been keeping those around for years too. The only negative thing that I have heard about them is that they can be bad on the enamel on your teeth. Don't know if it's true or not.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greg Reid For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2023, 09:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Feeling much better!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Old 05-24-2023, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad to hear it Preston. I had major surgery just this past Friday myself. Still in the hospital recovering. They're aiming to let me go tomorrow sometime to continue at home. Feeding tube, etc. Looking at about 6 to 8 weeks to fully recover. Long story that started back in January.
First time in my life I've ever been in a hospital or even suffered any serious physical illness. Never had a broken bone or a stitch. I'm practically 65 by the way.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greg Reid For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2023, 11:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hope you make full recovery.

I'm the same way. Never had much wrong over the years.

The Following User Says Thank You to thepontiacman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2023, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Been drinking distilled water the past 2 years, after a lifetime of tap water.

The right amount of water is way less than advertised: 8 pints/day would kill my healty

Dr. Berg AND Chubbyemo
advise on including table salt if you partake in too much water, or beer. Sodium cloride being key for kidneys to regulate wster retention in 100% of the soft body cells, and stave off the bacter & fung pathogens.

Think i've observed the ill effects of other people that drink/drank too much water daily, when not needed. They retained water, ran low on sodium, bp either too low or too high, and craved snacks. A bad cycle to be in.

Old 05-24-2023, 12:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've heard that a good guideline is half your body weight in ounces... So, 80 ounces for a 190 lb. person... But that does not mean that you literally have to drink 80 oz of water a day. You're going to get quite a bit of hydration through the food that you eat if you're eating the right kinds of food that include plenty of fruits and vegetables which have good water content.

Old 05-24-2023, 12:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Glad to hear it Preston. I had major surgery just this past Friday myself. Still in the hospital recovering. They're aiming to let me go tomorrow sometime to continue at home. Feeding tube, etc. Looking at about 6 to 8 weeks to fully recover. Long story that started back in January.
First time in my life I've ever been in a hospital or even suffered any serious physical illness. Never had a broken bone or a stitch. I'm practically 65 by the way.
Praying for the best!!!

I am doing MUCH better since accident, last July, Thank You, Lord!!!

I have goofy physical health abnormalities. A couple of time during my early recovery days (October) I had to make a trip to the ER. Was dehydrated. I couldn't stay hydrated, regardless...
On second trip to ER I talked, at length to Dr. About this.
I was in hospital, both visits for 2 days.
After talking to Dr, second visit, nurse comes in my room with the stuff I take, every day, plus a small packet of powder. She pours packet into a cup of water. Stirs it up, tells me to drink it, no big deal, right?

The powder was just Metamucil. The stuff is a miracle drug for me. I've had zero issues with hydration since that exact day!!!

If anyone has hydration issues, at all, I highly recommend Metamucil!!! I know it is commonly used for digestive health. I don't see any down side to at least trying it!!! Especially if one is recovering from or having any kind of health issue!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
The Following User Says Thank You to 77 TRASHCAN For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2023, 02:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Prayers sent your way too Trashcan. Sounds like you're on your way.

Old 06-29-2023, 07:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Reminder to hydrate. Summer is here and it's Hot.

Car shows, activities, can get you dehydrated.

Stay safe out there.