Old 05-06-2002, 02:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a NOS nose for a chrome 72'lemans. I need to know the original height location of the Arrow head badge in the center. Thanks.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Right and wrong doesn't need facts all the time.
-Lighthouseman ("lawyer")

Starnes Performance Automatics
www.Starnesperformance.com
Old 05-06-2002, 02:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a NOS nose for a chrome 72'lemans. I need to know the original height location of the Arrow head badge in the center. Thanks.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Old 05-06-2002, 06:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have never seen an arrowhead on a 70-72 GTO/LeMans Sport/LeMans/Lemans GT/T-37/GT37. I have 3 71 nose peices and no emblem on any of them nor have I ever seen one on the others. I think 68 or 69 was the last year they had one on an "A" body until 73. Any one else. OPH??

I assume you are talking about the nose pc that the grill inserts go into. 71 was plastic & 72 was pot metal. 70 had a chrome bumper/grill combination. I have seen the arrowhead in the grill. Don't know if it was stock or stuck on after.

[ May 06, 2002, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Jack Peters ]

Old 05-06-2002, 08:56 PM

TTS,
I have a NOS header panel as a spare for my 72 Luxury Lemans and it has the holes for the emblem already punched. The holes look to be OE as the top hole is round and the lower is oval for the locator stud on the emblem. I don't have any way to accurately measure them now, but I can swipe -er- borrow something from work tomorrow and measure them for you.

Old 05-06-2002, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks all, maybe only the Luxury Lemans came with the badge? I found a good picture today and think I can use it for a guide. It is a picture of a Luxury Lemans though.

Old 05-06-2002, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oops!! Didn't realize the '72's had them. Is it unique to the LLemans or all of them?? Just curious. Is it located on the front above the top tip of the chrome bumper or on the top part of the header panel?? Must be getting old. Don't remember them. Then, again, we just thrashed, bashed and basically destroyed them back then and after that, sold them.

Old 05-06-2002, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

On the box I have for it;
1.303 487709
EMBLEM PKG. A, (w/chrome
B 72 72 A

I would love to know if other than the 72' LLemans had it.

[ May 06, 2002, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: TTS ]

Old 05-06-2002, 10:58 PM
On Vacation

BADGE? I don't got no stinkin badge. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2002, 09:25 PM

FWIW: The top emblem hole on my panel measures 1/4" and the lower is oval (1/4" top to bottom, 5/32" wide). Distance center to center is 1-3/16". Hard to measure exact location but center of oval is about 5-1/4" straight up from bottom edge of header panel between the grilles.

Are you sure you want to install this emblem if the car did not have it originally? As far as I can tell, only Luxury Lemans' had them.

Old 05-07-2002, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I plan to find out exactly which cars had it, then make the desicion. Thanks for the info!

Old 05-08-2002, 04:05 AM
Senior Chief

I've stripped out several lemanses lately ,3 have metal headerpanels with emblems,2 had fiberglass w/o emblems.the T-37/GT-37's had fiberglass panels,lemans could have either depending on trim opt(emblem package)lux lemans had metal with pot metal grills.The replacement panel in parts book lists as metal panel.hope this helps
Craig

Old 05-08-2002, 08:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Had an original chrome nose '72 LeMans GT which had the emblem. Also had two '72 LeMans Sport converts with it as well.

TTS, if you are looking to sell, I believe I know a fellow looking for that emblem & can send him your way.

Old 05-09-2002, 12:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am far from ready to sell it. I may, but probably not. It almost appears as a factory second. Poorly cast really- nothing that made me jump up and down anyway. But when you have a 72'Lemans people are confused (it doesn't have GTO written in the front). At the body shop, the other day, 6 or 8 folks said "Nice- Chevelle" , Cutlass" , I even heard "is that a GS" ! All because there is no GTO written on it, and it looks nothing like a GTO. Actually, it does look more like a 70' Chevelle than a GTO so- I should at least advertise the arrowhead. And then at least everyone can say "Nice GTO!". But, that will be fine.