THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-16-2023, 01:48 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks everybody. Funny how we all seem to think alike. Seems like just about every comment made has filtered through my head over the past few days. Haha

I remember seeing pics of it before he got it and my mind immediately went to ‘68 thinking nobody would take the time to swap ‘68 quarters and doors on. I immediately thought “VIN Swap” too. Until I saw the unmolested ‘69 dash and pristine old looking vin stamping. Like mentioned above, that seems like a harder swap.

Definitely a mind-boggler though. Interior looks ‘69 but wrong color. I didn’t see closely enough to tell if it was painted. Didn’t occur to me to check until the PHS said “Gold” interior.

Yep the bird’s nest of wire is a mess. Looks even worse in person actually. I forgot to mention he had me order him all new M&H harnesses. Those would also come with. One huge plus I guess.

Only back story I know is that the owner passed away while still working on the car. There was a built 428 next to the car in the garage, which wouldn’t come with the car.

Like I said earlier the quarter panel rear patches I can get have the correct ‘69 marker cut-outs and the correct stamped recess for the ‘69 bumper where it wraps around. Those are cheap even before my discount (yet great quality) direct from Vintage Parts Club. That would be a simple weekend job to cut/weld those in. At that point it’s down to needing a ‘69 deck lid, bumper, tail lights, and doors.

But back to as mentioned above, you’re back to a ‘69 “base option” GTO in a color everybody hates. Haha
Could be a guilt free way to paint it whatever color you like and bomb around town as a summer daily driver? Hmm…

Thanks guys.

The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy11 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2023, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

IMHO, The ladder bars with the 12 bolt and no A body control arm mounts on that 12 bolt rear end really hurt it’s value. It is worth less to most people, unless of course your looking for a drag car.

Old 09-16-2023, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy11 View Post
Thanks everybody. Funny how we all seem to think alike. Seems like just about every comment made has filtered through my head over the past few days. Haha

I remember seeing pics of it before he got it and my mind immediately went to ‘68 thinking nobody would take the time to swap ‘68 quarters and doors on. I immediately thought “VIN Swap” too. Until I saw the unmolested ‘69 dash and pristine old looking vin stamping. Like mentioned above, that seems like a harder swap.

Definitely a mind-boggler though. Interior looks ‘69 but wrong color. I didn’t see closely enough to tell if it was painted. Didn’t occur to me to check until the PHS said “Gold” interior.

Yep the bird’s nest of wire is a mess. Looks even worse in person actually. I forgot to mention he had me order him all new M&H harnesses. Those would also come with. One huge plus I guess.

Only back story I know is that the owner passed away while still working on the car. There was a built 428 next to the car in the garage, which wouldn’t come with the car.

Like I said earlier the quarter panel rear patches I can get have the correct ‘69 marker cut-outs and the correct stamped recess for the ‘69 bumper where it wraps around. Those are cheap even before my discount (yet great quality) direct from Vintage Parts Club. That would be a simple weekend job to cut/weld those in. At that point it’s down to needing a ‘69 deck lid, bumper, tail lights, and doors.

But back to as mentioned above, you’re back to a ‘69 “base option” GTO in a color everybody hates. Haha
Could be a guilt free way to paint it whatever color you like and bomb around town as a summer daily driver? Hmm…

Thanks guys.
That's what I would do if I bought it,,,guilt free build it/ paint it how you like. Kinda like a blank canvas. It's the solid platform that you're looking for.

The Following User Says Thank You to scott70 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2023, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
That wiring under the hood makes my head ache.
No kidding, it makes me feel pretty good about mine!

Old 09-16-2023, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay S View Post
IMHO, The ladder bars with the 12 bolt and no A body control arm mounts on that 12 bolt ...
It's still using OEM control arms too. Suspension
must bind up something fierce. Harsh ride, plus
generic strapping. An extremely bad pairing.

Rectangular muffler clamps.