Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 09-27-2017, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeise View Post
wow just used 3 of you diff calculators online and came up with 1875 to 2100 ??????????///
Curt,
Those formulas are 50 years old. They are very simple and were close back when quick cars were running 11's. The farther you move from that point the farther off they get.

In scientific study when working with unknowns you try to use a known and see if the results look right. Lets take the 500 ci carb NHRA Pro Stocker which at a DA around 0 ran 6.45 @ 215 MPH. They weighted a minimum of 2350 lbs and had just under 1500 HP.

How close do any of the online calculators come to that HP?

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 09-27-2017, 08:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

E heads are still faster then GTO George.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 09-27-2017, 08:27 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
E heads are still faster then GTO George.
Some are.........most arent!

GTO George

Old 09-27-2017, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
The farther you move from that point the farther off they get.
Also most are for naturally aspirated engines.
Power adders make it a little different.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 09-27-2017, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
My car has nothing to do with the thread........why bring it up?
What am I sounding foolish about....please explain?
Yes Turbos are boring BUT they are getting better.......I never said they were slow!
Maybe you should strap your BUTT into my car and we'll see how boring it is! (1.14 60' in a 3,200+ car is not boring) LOL!!

GTO George
Explain how turbo's are boring, Ever hit an east coast track let me know I'll give it a pass, maybe get that 7 second pass for ya!
Foolish by saying e heads are disappearing, then saying there is no fast e heads anymore. I don't have them but tons of people do!

Old 09-27-2017, 09:57 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
Ever hit an east coast track let me know I'll give it a pass, maybe get that 7 second pass for ya!
Foolish by saying e heads are disappearing, then saying there is no fast e heads anymore. I don't have them but tons of people do!
Im not getting into a slower car..........that would be BORING! Gosh I hope you don't have a turbo car that would be double BORING!! LOL!
Never said they were disappearing, I said vanishing! Also didn't say there are no FAST e-headed cars out there! I said the quicker cars are trading in there E-heads for better heads! If you are gonna Quote me at least get it right! In my opinion Turbo cars are Boring (but getting better).......my opinion! I never said they weren't quick!

GTO George

Old 09-28-2017, 03:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Im not getting into a slower car..........that would be BORING! Gosh I hope you don't have a turbo car that would be double BORING!! LOL!
Never said they were disappearing, I said vanishing! Also didn't say there are no FAST e-headed cars out there! I said the quicker cars are trading in there E-heads for better heads! If you are gonna Quote me at least get it right! In my opinion Turbo cars are Boring (but getting better).......my opinion! I never said they weren't quick!

GTO George
George you know disappearing and vanishing are synonyms right. What is so boring about turbos ? Technically superior to roots blowers. Makes power out of a waste product. Not parasitic.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:04 AM
Boost Engineer

Wasting your breath Dragncar, George is an old school, old fart, who can't afford a Proper Degree Wheel, (or other engine equipment), is a Bracket Racer, and hates Turbos because they are at least 2 seconds faster than his stuff.

Melissa Urist Mustang with a whimpy 1416 dynoed Twin Turbo HP 302 cid Mustang engine (Much smaller engine 200 less cubic inches, makes more hp vs George and she is an excellent bracket racer.)

Tom V.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3-416HP-2015-Mustang.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	464319  

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
Big Chief runs 350 cfm e heads and will put most on the trailer.
He is more than welcome to try and qualify at the Throwdown in T-Town in his own back yard in a couple of weeks!
If I'm not mistaken it pays $10k to win since it's part of the Midwest promod series.
I mean he's already "beat a Hemi car at the track once this year"

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.890@157.08 MPH in Iowa in June’23 ,157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 09-28-2017, 09:38 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
George you know disappearing and vanishing are synonyms right.
What is so boring about turbos ?
Technically superior to roots blowers. Makes power out of a waste product. Not parasitic.
Yes.............. I have a Dictionary, I was being a smart A$$!
Turbos make no noise and leave the line like Baby Diarrhea!
Yes I know about turbos all that plumbing is stupid.......roots blowers are so much cooler!
Turbos don't make great bracket cars , out of 600 RACE cars at Norwalk for their "10 Grand Nationals" there were WAY more belt driven blower cars then turbos! I was QUICKER then every TURBO car there!! LOL!
Back to topic.......... I also use to have e heads but stepped up (VANISHING).
How many heads up racers on this web site that have switched their e-heads? 3...4....5.......6?

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 09-28-2017 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Turbos make no noise and leave the line like Baby Diarrhea!
GTO George
This says it all!

Jim

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iez3...ature=youtu.be

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Paul Carter @ Koerner Racing Engines

Old 09-28-2017, 11:17 AM
Boost Engineer

With George and Jim, being Old Guys, it is all about "Cool" (Nothing More).

That is simple enough to understand, Dragncar. Make some noise, impress the grand kids.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You guys say that but Curt Geise never had a problem being double 0 on the tree with his twin turbo car........ Now Chief on the other hand...when He showed up to the big leagues....LOL
How does 6.30's take a stripe by maaaaaaybr .1 on a car that goes 6.60????????

Chief I'm just bustin balls all fun and games....want my 2cents? Here it is! Your a marketing genius and the NFL sponsors are in the worst situation they could ever dream of! Since you and the "405" are all about money.....go take that NFL money away from allllllll those companies that are in a horrible situation....your a guy that can market drag racing and diversity and RESPECTING THE THE HECK OUT OF PEOPLE THAT GAVE US A RIGHT TO SPEAK OUR MINDS! .........just not during the anthem!

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.890@157.08 MPH in Iowa in June’23 ,157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 09-28-2017, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
You guys say that but Curt Geise never had a problem being double 0 on the tree with his twin turbo car........ Now Chief on the other hand...when He showed up to the big leagues....LOL

Chief I'm just bustin balls all fun and games....want my 2cents? Here it is! Your a marketing genius and the NFL sponsors are in the worst situation they could ever dream of! Since you and the "405" are all about money.....go take that NFL money away from allllllll those companies that are in a horrible situation....your a guy that can market drag racing and diversity and RESPECTING THE THE HECK OUT OF PEOPLE THAT GAVE US A RIGHT TO SPEAK OUR MINDS! .........just not during the anthem!
Jason,
Do not confuse R/T with 60 foot times. You can still have a great R/T in a Yugo.

Sta

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
Pontiac Pump Gas List
Old 09-28-2017, 01:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post

You should give chief a go on the street...the way you talk you would win on RT alone because he would be asleep on the flashlight...

Old 09-28-2017, 03:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Jason,
Do not confuse R/T with 60 foot times. You can still have a great R/T in a Yugo.

Sta
Who are you to tell HIM anything about drag racing. That guy is a racers racer, the real deal. Puts tones of effort into being behind the wheel of "his car" and helping out other big time racers while he is not driving.
Think he has forgot more than you ever knew about drag racing, but thats just my opinion.
Now if he could just get that ugly BBC out of his car. Its too pretty for that !

Old 09-28-2017, 04:01 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Who are you to tell HIM anything about drag racing. That guy is a racers racer, the real deal. Puts tones of effort into being behind the wheel of "his car" and helping out other big time racers while he is not driving.
Think he has forgot more than you ever knew about drag racing, but thats just my opinion.
Now if he could just get that ugly BBC out of his car. Its too pretty for that !
Stan is correct this time!

GTO George

Old 09-28-2017, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes George anyone can get a good reaction time. But it is a little different doing it in a 2000HP turbo monster that is tough to stage, on the street where you can blow the tires off and end up wrapped around a light pole in a split second.
That guy can drive.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:15 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Yes George anyone can get a good reaction time. But it is a little different doing it in a 2000HP turbo monster that is tough to stage,
Exactly................Turbo car! LOL!

P.S......... Anyone can't good a GOOD reaction time...........at least consistently!

GTO George

Old 09-28-2017, 04:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Dragncar,
Over the years I have had many friendly conversation with Jason. So please stay out of other peoples business. All you keep doing is showing just how little you know. JMO

Stan

Pontiac Pump Gas List