Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default ??

You say FU huh ?? Ok, do you feel any better now Chris ?? What are you 12 ? You expect me to listen to what you are saying when you are backing up someone that could not figure out his own CV-1 work piece, then that same guy is going to criticize me ??
I have never said anything about anyones work, which no one posts any of their stuff anyways, you included. But you want to try and critic' someone else ?? We all have opinions, but who are you to say you see a problem, and you have not been working on this stuff at all. The port is peaking at .700-.800 lift. Yes, it sqeeked out 4cfm above .800, so what . You talk like the port lost 20cfm at .850 lift, or something like that. The port never falls off, does it have a small flatline at .700-.800 lift, yes. but the port has already done the job i wanted it to do long before then. How many people do you know running around with an .850 lift cam in a pumpgas street driven vehicle Chris ??

Old 03-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Your answer glossed right over the issue like its not even there, it is there, and if you feel the need to come and see me then feel free! You talk about my work on this casting like you were there, all I will tell you is that putting a port into a head that will make power and just getting some numbers on the bench are 2 very different things, it has to develop the results that you are looking for or it will not run down the track and recover from a shift like it should. Some of the things that you do are not to get flow numbers!

Last edited by Daniel Barton; 03-05-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow,this thread would have been sooo much better if I stopped reading at page one!It's like driving by an accident,you try not to look but......

1970 Lemans Convertible,462,6x-4, 234/242 cam.3.42 posi.12.55@109,4100 lbs...SOLD....

1968 Firebird , 467 , KRE d-ports ,stock type suspension,3100lbs
(1.30 60')(6.08 1/8)(113.43)different runs 9.59 @140.71 on E85 all motor
8.97@148.63 on 150 shot
Old 03-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 lucerne lemans View Post
Wow,this thread would have been sooo much better if I stopped reading at page one!It's like driving by an accident,you try not to look but......
I agree! A lot of false and partial information has been posted about me though and that is why I should have stayed away! LOL I should have known better...

Old 03-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Honestly, the way you all go back and forth like a bunch of uneducated, who stole my milk babies is ridiculous.
As business men, none of you realize the harm you do to your own craft. How would you expect anyone to purchase or deal with you on any level?

A post that should have stayed factual and opinion neutral has not. It has sunken to depths that confounds most of us that have read part if not all of it. Biased BS from either side is un warranted as it does the hobby no good.

Do yourselves and the rest of us justice and keep it to the facts.

I am a CV1 user by choice and I like them, Had-E Brocks and liked them to. There are plenty of choices for plenty of applications.

Unfortunately as a result of CONSTANT posts like this, many will not post information about their build.
Its a shame what you all do.

Turbo 535, CV 1 heads.

Built by Cerralli Competition Engines

Tenth Anniversary (Van Nuys) restored.
Tenth Anniversary Barn Find (Norwood)
Both 4 speeds!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default ??

Sorry if i have offended you Doc, my work is under attack, so i was left no choice. You are correct, things should not get like this, but they do. Funny thing is, it doesn't matter what man doing the work, or what port, or what motor, or what car, if it has CV's on it, the same people, always seem to have a problem with something.

Last edited by twinturrbo406; 03-05-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would like it noted that nothing was said in this thread (the thread had been here for almost 2 days with nothing said) until post 7 and 8 were made by GREATGTO and GOQUICK. Then it went down hill from there. Nothing would have even been said if those post werent posted.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREATGTO View Post
This site really needs a banana man!!!!

PS, Lloyd tex I'm still waiting for your proof!!! If you don't have it you should apologize
Copied and pasted from Dan's post #150:

Great, Lloyd has been to my non-existent shop and yes we have discussed the casting and yes what I told him is between he and myself. You don't owe anyone results and I don't owe an explanation for my findings on the castings

Once again, 'nuff said!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Dan is one of the most honest and straight forward person i know. Jim just didnt like what Dan had to say about the head.
Another BINGO! for slowbird, LOL!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 03-05-2010, 11:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

What happens in situations like this is one Professional feels like his or her conduct, abilities, professionalism, etc is being called into question. They then feel the need to defend themselves and the snowball rolls.

The fact that the CV-1 people are taking the time to change the ports says a lot. But mainly it says they are committed to making the head perform as well as possible.
In the end, the final judge will be the people using the heads, if they like the way they perform, then they are a success. The E-heads have had ZERO port revisions, and we all know there was room for improvement, so I applaud them for continually working on the CV-1.

Dan Barton is a Top Level professional when it comes to airflow development and management. His reputation speaks for its self, as does the reputation of "the guy in south Florida".

We all want to build a better mouse trap, and there is more than one way to kill a mouse. So pick your poison, take it to the track and let's settle this like real racers.

Damn it's a good time to be involved with Pontiac's, we have more options now than ever before.

I'm locking this thread so we can continue to move forward.

Closed Thread