Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-23-1999, 05:41 PM

We create all these boards and look where everybody gravitates! I guess "Performance & Racing" is home for a lot of Pontiac enthusiasts. Suggestion, before this board becomes "The Lobby". Lets move over there for general stuff. But we'll take any and all compliments wherever you want to put them.

The Admin Police

Old 12-23-1999, 05:41 PM

We create all these boards and look where everybody gravitates! I guess "Performance & Racing" is home for a lot of Pontiac enthusiasts. Suggestion, before this board becomes "The Lobby". Lets move over there for general stuff. But we'll take any and all compliments wherever you want to put them.

The Admin Police

Old 12-23-1999, 10:29 PM

Be patient...there's a comfort factor associated with places that we've visited daily for well over 3 years. The other topics will prove to be a hit once navigation comfort and the word gets out about just how good this new board really is--I am in awe of it all. Bill Boyle

Old 12-24-1999, 12:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome to censorship!! Topic's can only be posted on one of the forums control by moderators. Moderators control individual forums. They can edit, delete, or prune any posts in their forums. No Thank You, The way it should be is to allow individuals who post topic's the right to edit, delete their
own, No moderators !!! I'm glad I didn't pay the 10 bucks. Just look at who the moderators are, none other then Jim Hand, Tom Hand, and Dick D. Paul Spotts.

Old 12-24-1999, 04:14 AM
Senior Chief

I like the new board but feel sort of the same way as Gach as far as the moderators and editing goes. I do think that some people may go too far in what they type in but in no way should it be able to be changed. In the real world words cannot be taken back and what's done is done. I too would not pay money to have my words edited if in fact someone does not agree with what I have to say. The world is about being different. I am not saying that the Moderators themself are the problem, I really have no problem at all with any of them as individuals, the problem is the prescence of them and their ability to edit your words. The posts should not be edited...if they are offensive they should be deleted! And that's that!

RASHIONALITY 101

[This message has been edited by Rashionality (edited 12-24-1999).]

Old 12-24-1999, 09:40 AM

http://performanceyears.com/ubb/icons/icon6.gif

I'm really glad that these boards will be free from trouble makers. What I like even more is; the trouble makers won't like it here because they can't post destructive posts.
Merry Christmas

Old 12-24-1999, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well here we are, it will take a little time to adjust to the new layout but all in all I think we will come out ahead. Thanks PY for not giving up!

Old 12-24-1999, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't have a problem at all with the "censorship" or moderated format. If people post sensible information, they should not have anything to worry about! However, it would concern me if my comments/words were edited or changed.

I agree this should be an open forum, where people can disagree to a point. Example: When people disagree and harsh words are exchanged, the dialogue exchange should stand for the record as long as it' civil. Responsible people will generally come to terms and apologize in the long run.

Rather than editing a post, I would rather see it deleted. There are a few cases where I think there would be grounds for deleting a post.

1. When someone's character is repeatedly attacked and the post could potentially cause damage to the individuals reputation or business, it should be deleted.

2. When a post is totally irrelevant and makes a mockery of a certain individual or family member, it should be deleted.

3. Disgusting jokes.

One other comment. I did like the previous feature of being able to link a GIF or JPEG image using a URL address. It was useful in illustrating a particular combination on a website or recommending a certain part or vendor. Obviously, this feature needs to be used with good taste and should have the ability to be deleted as well.

Merry Christmas

------------------
Eric D.

Old 12-25-1999, 10:38 AM

I dont think posts should be edited if they are offensive delete them or transfer them over to the other site.