Old 03-11-2018, 03:53 PM
Senior Chief

Default '64 Grand Prix Brake Line Location on Frame

I'm replacing all of the brake line on my '64 GP since I've upgraded to disc brakes in front and rebuilt the rear drums. I failed to take photos showing the location of the brake line as it originally ran down the length of the frame to the rear years ago when I dismantled everything.

Does the brake line go above or below the fuel line and the fuel line brackets on the inside of the frame? If anyone has photos of how they ran their brake and fuel lines down the length of the frame from the front to the rear, that would be great! Since I'm keeping the fuel system factory, I'd like to reuse the factory fuel line brackets and run the new brake line where it fits best.

Thank you!

Old 03-12-2018, 12:40 AM

They follow the fuel line all the way back running above it.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Senior Chief

Thank you, gb!

Old 03-18-2018, 01:21 PM
Senior Chief

I have a followup to my original question about the brake line located along the frame of my '64 GP. As you go down the length of the frame front to rear, the frame has a portion of each side that looks like wings that stick in toward the middle where I think the rear suspension arms attach. There are a couple holes in that part of the frame, where I think the parking brake cables would go through the frame.

Anyway, can someone provide me photos or a description of how the rear brake line runs through or over that part of the frame on its way to the rear brake line hose bracket? Unfortunately, I didn't take enough photos during disassembly years ago and I have no idea how to route the rear brake line down the frame to that hose bracket. Any info and/or photos would be appreciated. Thank you!