THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-03-2023, 06:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Lol, the 260 to the Olds crowd is like the 265/301 Pontiac engine, we'd rather not talk about it. The 260 is in t h e 307/350 group.

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 06-03-2023, 06:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
Scarebird, which group does the 260 fall in? I know it has a real small bore, but maybe the same stroke as the 350?
I do not know - sorry, it was not an engine which interested me

Old 06-03-2023, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Olds 260 was apparently in the same family as the Olds 350, the main difference was a smaller bore. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_V8_engine

Old 06-03-2023, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Since they had to drag it out of the barn it would have been nice if they had showed us the car again after they got it running and moving under its own power, assuming they got it running.
I'd have liked to have seen where the car was actually stored.

There is no way that was 50 years worth of dust on that uncovered car. Dust attracts humidity, humidity turns the dust to mud and it sticks to the paint. That car dusted off with the swipe of a finger and not so much as a fleck of rust around the many holes in the body for all that brightwork not to mention the flawless chrome.

There were a couple small chips in the paint on the door jamb from a footprint that were obviously recent with nice bright metal showing and no rust. I assume that happened when they planted the "build sheet" under the back seat for some faux drama before it was moved to the barn for filming. My gut says they ran a dirty shop-vac in reverse and dusted a clean car down.

Here is my .71 GTO Barn find after six months in a body shop's shed. Doesn't look much different than that 50 year old miracle they filmed.