Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 08-09-2008, 10:09 PM

Default Recognize this car?

I am seeking history on this '57 2 dr. wagon which was probably raced in the southern Pa or northern Md area in 70's. I had previously contacted a few people on this board but did not have any photos on the comnputer at the time. Here is what I know. My brother purchased the car in 1979 in New Oxford, Pa. I have since learned that prior to that it was owned by a guy in Waynesboro, Pa. That is where I have hit a dead end. The car has a 389 tri-power and a 4 speed. These photos are from around 1980 but this is basically how the car looked when purchased in 1979. The only change is that some of the front bumper and grill parts were missing when the car was purchased. I know it is a longshot but I figure someone may recognized this car. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	safari front.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	139216   Click image for larger version

Name:	safari side.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	139217   Click image for larger version

Name:	safari rear.jpg
Views:	33