Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 10-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 10-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to STALLION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
Since you brought it up, what was/is the cars race weight? Has it been run since or was that a "one and done" deal while waiting for your P/S deal? Thanks
Mo ,We have raced 4 other times, 2 T/S divisional events, 1 IHRA, 1 NHRA 2 weeks ago at ATCO. T/S weight is 2,350 lbs. With a hurt converter and our (test, mule motor),we ran a 7:54 at 183. Until I can come up with close to a $million for a motor and crew lease program P/S is still a dream. But I am working on it.

Glad to answer your legitimate questions. Maurice.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Senior Chief

Default Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60man View Post
With WG's $$$ and Jack's ability maye he could qualify WG's car ...
Guess it's not solely $$$$'s
And if Greg keeps turning on the Red bulb maybe Jack ought to replace him ...Ya got to have a driver to go along with the $$$$...
Good job Jack !!!! Proud of ya man....
Maurice/Stallion I appluaded you & son at Norwalk....but I wouldn't shoot you down if you tried PS and didn't make the cut ....WTH ???
You just need to find a nicer way to say something....even if's the facts...and nothing but the fact's man ...One thing for sure is Jack knew what road he was taking
60man, Thank you for your intelligent observations and comments. I think you mean WJ not WG. The unfortunate part of P/S is the $$$$$$$. That is way the # 3 driver last year could not get a ride until I think the 5th race this year. Gene Wilson who won IHRA P/S title a few years back can't get a ride and other guys like him can't get rides because of $$$$$$$.
Thank You for your support at Norwalk, It was VERY VERY much appreciated.

I am in NO, NO way trying to shoot Jack down, I have always wished him WELL. I was just stating the facts about P/S that Even IF you are a good driver you still need alot of $$$$$$ to be even close to beaning successful. I can IMAGINE how hard it is!!!!!

I know how hard it is just to run a P/S car in T/S, we are struggling with that.

I will apologize to Jack and Jack's wife if they thought I was saying something/anything derogatory to or at them, I WAS NOT!!!!! I was just stating the facts that I know, to give some in site to some of the other members of this site that don't know or THINK they know (DH).

I do not have to tell Jack about that stuff ,he already knows it!!!!

Thank You again for your support at Norwalk and I did TRY to explain myself better.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Senior Chief

Default Keep up the good work!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker View Post
At least you know what you are GREAT at. Keep it up it looks good on you.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

WAY TO GO JACK!!!!

I called jack a few months ago with some questions on my combo and i wanted him to spec me a cam. He was 100% honest with me and basically told me that my combo would not gain alot with a cam change and told me to save my green. Guys like that deserve to live the dream. I know jack will have success in whatever he does, it seems he already is succeeding at doing what he wants. Without coming on here and name dropping a couple pro guys he swept the floor for. just kiddin mo

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 10-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALLION View Post
60man, Thank you for your intelligent observations and comments. I think you mean WJ not WG. The unfortunate part of P/S is the $$$$$$$. That is way the # 3 driver last year could not get a ride until I think the 5th race this year. Gene Wilson who won IHRA P/S title a few years back can't get a ride and other guys like him can't get rides because of $$$$$$$.
Thank You for your support at Norwalk, It was VERY VERY much appreciated.

I am in NO, NO way trying to shoot Jack down, I have always wished him WELL. I was just stating the facts about P/S that Even IF you are a good driver you still need alot of $$$$$$ to be even close to beaning successful. I can IMAGINE how hard it is!!!!!

I know how hard it is just to run a P/S car in T/S, we are struggling with that.

I will apologize to Jack and Jack's wife if they thought I was saying something/anything derogatory to or at them, I WAS NOT!!!!! I was just stating the facts that I know, to give some in site to some of the other members of this site that don't know or THINK they know (DH).

I do not have to tell Jack about that stuff ,he already knows it!!!!

Thank You again for your support at Norwalk and I did TRY to explain myself better.

Whoops...I did mean WJ !! Typing is not my best subject...spelling either. Maybe it was that last Canadian brew...Jack has been involved with PS for a while prior to his racing ,it ain't his first rodeo..all I'm trying to say.
As with Jack I wish you luck on your PS venture..it's definitly a tuff ball game,and that is what I know about it..
Good luck..
My

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 10-15-2008, 08:08 AM

I was down at VMP this weekend and saw Jack's pass It was a great run straight and true down the track. I think what everyone including Jack knows it's a tough ballgame. WJ made a great pass and didn't qualify. Dave Connolly missed the first 5 races because his employer lost his previous sponsors.Hopefully both Jack and Maurice can find some big money sponsors that's what it will take to crack this nut.In the meantime you just do what you can do and have a great time doing it. Best of luck to all.
Ken

Old 10-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll go with you to Greg Anderson's shop as long as his old lady is there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALLION View Post
Just like I said before,Dave Humburge, Moderator (thats a JOKE)when you know absolutely nothing about P/S you should not talk about it because is just shows that you know absolutely nothing. And like I said before any time you want to come with me to Don Ness's shop or Greg Anderson's shop give me a call I will TRY,TRY,TRY to educate you some more, BUT I doubt it, it's NOT possible!!!

Moderator or INSTIGATOR or lame brain. Last 2!!!!!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 10-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Curious....what engine is in the car?

Old 10-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Stallion. I saw nothing in your post slamming Jack. You just stated facts. But a lot of times on here that doesn't seem to matter.

Mariuce, Got your PM. you don't accept PM's so here ya go, out in public.
Didn't diss ya dude. Just figured if Jack's wife came on here for the first time and posted, that you could get your wife to counter. LOL.

Just a friendly but dry post. LOL.

I agree (and everyone whether they will admit it or not) with competing at that level. Ya gotta put up numbers to make em look up and take notice, and then out of your pocket till it happens. Or win losta championships in other types of cars. But ya still have to out there and hope it happens.
Do a search on all the players in P/S. Then look at the players that don't make the field and look and see what or where their current money for expenses or previous ability comes from. It's all available with a little time and energy to do searches on the internet. You would be amazed at the money they have to spend and can continue to spend. They all commit 120%. Sometimes commitment alone won't get ya there. Hope it works for Jack. His deal. They had great conditions there with 950ft above sea level conditions. Lot of records set. He shoulda been faster then he ever was or he woulda been backin up. Same deal the week before in E-town. Lotta heads up records set.

Anyway back to the humidity and heat down here. Bwahahahahahahahaha.

Never been that fast and never will be, but doesn't mean I don't know Drag racing. I try and keep it light but some people want to try and take things I also say to the darkside.

Race Hard & Have Fun.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
I'll go with you to Greg Anderson's shop as long as his old lady is there!
I would love to go on that tour also...... Shes hot as a rock.

Rex

Old 10-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBNRacing View Post
Shes hot as a rock.

Rex
That's one i never heard before.
Is that like a moon rock...or volcanic rock

And to JG for already being in the spot light.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 10-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Rex