THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-25-2021, 02:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbob View Post
We live out in the country. 4 homes behind us on dead end road and all woods into a hollow. I heard a commotion on back porch figuring possum,or other animal trying to eat bird seed we have stored in 5 gallon buckets with lids on. So it's dark I turn lights on open both doors,there staring at me 6ft away is a black bear on all fours trying to get at the seed.He or she was about 40 inches across shoulders. Oh sh.......I thought I was next not knowing bears. Game warden called,calmly he said numerous calls in our area. There are cubs too! Bears coming out after hibernating looking for food like bird seed. They wont harm 'gulp' humans just make noise put lights on. I work in detached garage coming in after dark. 60 yrs never had this happen.Next it'll be big foot!
I have black bear in my yard all the time, they never bother me. One day I had had a old builder friend of mine who stopped by to see me walk by one while it was digging in the trash,( guy had just had a stroke recently) he put his hand on the bears back to steady himself while waking between the car and the bear. The bear didn’t even look up at him. Walked right back by him when he left as well bear never paid him any mind at all.

Obviously getting this close isn’t. Good idea but I’ve even had them go on my kids swing set and play around. Even a video of it on YouTube under my same name as on here.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 03-25-2021, 07:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This was in the news this morning. Gatlinburg TN. The guy was cabin sitting for a friend I believe and heard a ruckus out back. Bear in the hot tub.
https://www.google.com/search?q=bear...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 03-25-2021, 10:06 AM

Bow hunting deer upstate NY, when I see Bear cub prints in the snow. Follow a bit and see both mama bear prints and cub prints. I’m holding a bow, may as well be holding my d... Needless to say hunting ended in that area

Old 03-25-2021, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by z man View Post
Bow hunting deer upstate NY, when I see Bear cub prints in the snow. Follow a bit and see both mama bear prints and cub prints. I’m holding a bow, may as well be holding my d... Needless to say hunting ended in that area
My buddy here in NW Montana, who is a big bow hunter, has a great story about being treed due to a Griz. he climbed it with bear below. He only had a bow. Bear lost interest luckily.

Old 03-25-2021, 10:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescratch View Post
No bears here....just coyotes, cougars and rattlesnakes.......
My sister had a dog killed by a bear in Ash Fork area. So you probably don't have to go too far.

I lived in Kingman for 12 years, btw.

Old 03-28-2021, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No update havent seen any lately. However on tv there was a story about a brown bear in Alaska called 'grandfather'. These 3 guys one an indian tracker went searching for evidence of this bear. Long story short they got some trail cam pics and luckily they found a tree rub with hair. The bear ripped camera off tree and his teeth looking in camera,huge. Also 2nd camera set 72 " off path got back of bear. The tree rub was between 12 and 13 feet above ground! They got hair samples.DNA , Cross between brown and polar bear. Estimate weigh 2000 lbs plus. I just cant visulize,even though I saw video,abear 72 " at shoulders,I'm 74 ". That's huge.